Healthy UND Coalition Tobacco Free UND Feedback Form
Accomplishments in 2002
- February 2002 - Sponsored UND Wellness Expo. (H-UND, Student Health Services)
- February 2002 - Healthy UND Steering Committee endorsed the UND Wellness Center Concept Paper and Student Wellness Center Committee endorsed the UND Student Wellness Center Concept Paper. (H-UND Physical Subcommittee/Student Government)
- March 2002- Conducted comprehensive employee health screenings with funding from the President's Office. (Student Health Services).
- 2002-present - De-Stress Fests (Student Health Services, H-UND Psychological Subcommittee, University Counseling Center. Wellness Center & partners)
- June-October, 2002- Worksite wellness needs assessment conducted by Julie Gothman with funding from the President's Office (H-UND, Department of Nutrition & Dietetics)
- April 2002 - Student referendum for an increase in student fees for a Wellness Center passed by a wide margin. Student Senate endorsed a $50/semester increase in fees.
- May 2002 - Laurie Betting hired as Wellness Director, with funding from the President's Office. Wellness Center assumed responsibility for Healthy UND coordination, worksite wellness, and wellness programming, with support from other partners.
- Summer 2002-Produced Fitness/Wellness Opportunities Brochure. (H-UND Physical Subcommittee/Student Health Services)
- Summer 2002-Enhanced Healthy Food Options in the Convenience Store, Food Court, Stomping Grounds Coffee Shop and Tabula (H-UND Physical Subcommittee/Dining Services/Tabula)
- Summer 2002-Produced Spirituality Walking Maps (H-UND Spirituality Subcommittee)
- September, 2002- Established Interim Wellness Center. (Wellness Center)
- Fall 2002-Established Bek Fitness facility. (Residence Services)
- Fall 2002-On-line ingredient and nutrition analysis available for dining centers. (Dining Services)
- Fall 2002-present-Developed web-based health and wellness information, with links for all 7 dimensions of wellness. (H-UND, Student Health, Wellness Center, Counseling Center, Women's Center, and partners)