Healthy UND Coalition Tobacco Free UND
Accomplishments in 2006
- Spring 2006 -Began better for balance menus in dining centers. (Dining/Residence Services)
- January 2006-Sponsored Healthy Campus 2010 Alcohol Abuse Issues Panel. (H-UND)
- February 2006-Sponsored Healthy Campus 2010 Tobacco Issues Panel & Wellness Living Learning Community Update. (H-UND)
- March 2006- Sponsored Healthy Campus 2010 Injury and Violence Issues Panel. (H-UND)
- April 2006-Collaboration/Communication Discussion (H-UND, Conflict Resolution Center)
- Aug 2006- present - ARH established the Wellness Board - Wellness Living Learning Residence Hall Community launched and Wellness Representatives to be appointed in the residence halls.(Spiritual Subcommittee, Residence Services, Wellness Center, Student Health Services, Counseling Center)
- August 2006-Wellness Living Learning Apartment Community launched.(Residence Life Apartment Community, Wellness Center).
- August 2006 - Health Advocacy Class launched. (College of Nursing, Student Health Services)
- 2000-2006 - Expanded Health & Wellness Programming (Healthy UND, Counseling Center, Student Health Services, Wellness Center, Women"s Center, Residence Services and numerous other partners)
- Fall 2006 - Began teaching mindful breathing with biofeedback devices. (Counseling Center)
- September 2006-Wellness Center Grand Opening (Wellness Center)
- Burnt Toast is the name of the nutrition education area of the Wellness Center, often referred to as the "Demonstration Kitchen." Burnt Toast programming tries to provide a fun learning environment for all members and employees to learn healthy and applicable nutrition and cooking information and skills.
- 2006 LRD was hired on a part-time basis to conduct weight management classes, assist with Burnt Toast and see clients for drop in visits and provide referrals when necessary.
- 2006 Bev Benda-Moe provided weight management classes on "Intuative Eating"
- 2007 Allen Anderson, LRD provided weight management classes for faculty and staff on "A Healthy Weight for Every Body".