Healthy UND Coalition Tobacco Free UND
Accomplishments in 2008
- 2008 - University Place Coffee Shop offers some of the same healthy options offered at Wellness Center Juice Bar (Dining/Residence Services).
- 2008-Squires Dining Hall reopens with cook to order options, including salad bar with sautÃ© station (Dining/Residence Services).
- 2008 - Enhanced salad bar offered at Wilkerson Dining Center (Dining/Residence Services).
- January 2008 - Wellness Center's Licensed Registered Dietitian/Assistant Director for Nutrition and Wellness Programs offers two weight management programs. Team Shape Up was developed for students and Weigh Well was developed for faculty, staff and wellness center members.
- January 2008- present- Game Time Decisions Rec Sports alcohol abuse prevention(Adapt, Wellness Center, Student Government)
- February 2008 - Exercise is Medicine program initiated between Student Health and the Wellness Center through referral prescription pads
- March 2008 - Green Bike Project (Student Wellness Advisory Committee)
- March 2008 - Steve Blair presents fitness research at UND (Office of the President, PEXS, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Wellness Center, Student Health Services).
- March 2008 -present- Choices Program for athletic teams (Adapt, Athletics)
- April 08 & 09 - Dining Centers go trayless on Earth Day to reduce food waste and encourage (Dining/Residence Services).
- August 2008 -present- ARH establishes Recycling Board (ARH, Residences Services, Facilities).
- Fall 2008- Launched "The Body Project" (Psychology Dept., University Counseling Center, Student Health)
- October 2008- present- Grand Opening of the Northern Plains Center for Behavioral Research Center (College of Nursing and Psychology)
- 2007/2008 in progress..."Healthy Choices, Healthy UND" brochure is being developed by HUND initiative committee to provide guidelines for choosing healthy options for meeting and catered events on campus. (HUND, dining services. Wellness Center, Women's Center)
- 2008 - present - EMDR for performance enhancement offered to athletes and other students (Counseling Center)