About the Healthy UND 2020 Steering Committee
Healthy UND 2020 is a UND campus-wide initiative charged by President Kelley with the prioritization and development of an action plan to address the leading health and wellness issues that affect the academic success and retention of UND students.
In the fall of 2009 the initiative took the form of a steering committee composed of 25 students, faculty, and staff members charged with evaluating student data and focus group information to identify the top health and wellness issues that negatively impact UND student academic success and retention.
This steering committee, composed of twenty-five students, faculty and staff members, was charged with the prioritization and development of an action plan to address the leading health and wellness issues that affect academic success and retention.
- Support the mission, vision, and goals of Healthy People 2020/Healthy UND.
- Hold a one - two year commitment.
- Attend monthly steering committee meetings.
- Utilize the ecological framework of Healthy People 2020
- Assist in the development of the Healthy UND 2020:
- Action Plan
- Evaluation and Assessment Components
- Final Recommendations for submission to President Kelley
- Act as a liaison to your department, organization or constituency group, sharing information and obtaining feedback.
- Share ideas and expertise in a positive, supportive manner.