- Alcohol & Other Drugs
- Mental Health
- Sexual Health
- General Health
- Physical Activity
As your gateway to health & wellness, the Health & Wellness Hub employs a number of different staff members, including full-time staff, part-time Graduate Student Assistants (GSA's), and student peer educators.
Jane Croeker, Director of Health & Wellness Promotion
- Jane enjoys biking, cross country skiing, bird watching, reading, hanging out at her cabin at Lake of the Woods, and spending time with her partner and friends listening to old time rock and roll and rhythm and blues.
- Creating environments where healthy choices are easy choices takes time and patience, but it pays off with greater dividends in the long run and therefore Jane finds this aspect of her job most rewarding.
Anne Bodensteiner, Health & Wellness Promotion Coordinator
- Reading, cross-country skiing, running, watching movies, cooking and traveling are some of Anne's favorite ways to unwind.
- As her educational background might indicate, she is particularly passionate about nutrition related health – however many aspects of wellness interconnect to affect nutrition choices and overall well being.
Jen Schoenecker, Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator
- Jen enjoys reading, spending time boating and camping at the lake in the summer, snowmobiling in the winter and traveling all year round!
- One health and wellness area that has been of particular interest for Jen throughout her career is alcohol and other drug education. She strongly believes in the importance of educating students about drinking in a low-risk manner.
Hope Walker, Administrative Secretary
- Hope's hobbies are photography, reading, cross-stitch and spending time at her summer home in Warroad, MN.
- One health related topic she is passionate about is mental health and suicide, as she has dealt with this closely in her family.
Sam Branger, Program Lead
- Sam chose to be a part of the peer education team to help students learn about the Health & Wellness Hub; she particularly enjoys knowing that students are learning something new when they come to an event that the Hub puts on during the year.
- A fun fact about Sam is that she has a horse in her backyard in Minnesota named Mulligan.
Miriam Wood-Alameda, Assessment Lead GSA
- Miriam enjoys spending time with her husband, Jeremy, and their dog, Suki.
- Miriam believes the road of wellness looks different from person to person. However, it is important to find the vehicle that will enable you to both experience and maintain it. Personally, her vehicle is running!
- Kit chose to be a peer educator because she wants to help students be aware of how alcohol and other drugs affect them. She views being a peer educator as a way of enabling students and herself to make healthy choices that improve their life in many ways.
- Fun facts about Kit: She loves being outside riding bikes, rollerblading, and longboarding.
- Kelsie chose to be a Peer Educator because she wants to help UND students become more educated about alcohol and other drugs. Specifically, what she enjoys most about being a Peer Educator is being able to talk directly to her peers about alcohol.
- One fun fact about Kelsie is that she loves sports, especially soccer.
- Maggie chose to be a peer educator because not only does she want to share education on alcohol and other drugs, but she also wants to learn more about it herself. Her favorite part of this job is working with people and learning new things.
- Fun Fact about Maggie: she can fit her fist in her mouth. She loves running outside on summer mornings followed by a swim in the lake!
- Samantha chose to be a peer educator because it is an opportunity not only to help and educate others, it is also a chance to meet new people and make new friends! Being able to be there for someone when they truly need it is her favorite part of the job.
- Fun Fact: Samantha's dream job would be working for the Disney Cruise Line as Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
Vacant, Mental Health Peer Educator
Sydney St. Germaine, Nutrition Peer Educator
- Sydney chose to be a peer educator because she wants to inform and educate students on how to live healthier lifestyles. Being a peer educator will allow her to help students with the struggles and questions students have toward nutrition. As a result, she hopes to make positive changes in students' lives.
- One fun fact about Sydney is that she loves to bake, cook, and try new recipes.
Will Hunt, Sexual Health Peer Educator
Dami Alugo, Physical Activity Peer Educator
- Dami chose to become a peer educator because of the positive impact it has not only on his personal life, but the possibility to positively impact students like himself, faculty and the community. Being a peer educator allows Dami to assist other people who are going through some of the situations he faced in the past. He also has the opportunity to learn from the experiences of other peer educators.
He was born in Nigeria, loves to travel to different countries and experiencing different ways of life, culture and beliefs. He also enjoys playing soccer, tennis and badminton.
Taegan Shields, Tobacco Peer Educator
- Taegan chose to be a peer educator because she loves helping students become more educated about tobacco. She loves learning and meeting new people, as well as helping people become as successful as possible.
- Taegan went to high school in Eagan, Minnesota. She loves cats, cooking, and taking walks in good weather. She is a psychology major.
Dede Hesse, General Health Peer Educator
- What Erica enjoys about working at the Health & Wellness Hub is the positivity of the staff and fun and supportive atmosphere the Hub offers.
- A fun fact about Erica is that she had the opportunity to study abroad in Salzburg, Austria the summer of 2011.