As your gateway to health & wellness, the Health & Wellness Hub employs a number of different staff members, including full-time staff, part-time Graduate Student Assistants (GSA's), and student peer educators.
Jane Croeker, Director of Health & Wellness Promotion
- Jane enjoys biking, cross country skiing, bird watching, reading, hanging out at her cabin at Lake of the Woods, and spending time with her partner and friends listening to old time rock and roll and rhythm and blues.
- Creating environments where healthy choices are easy choices takes time and patience, but it pays off with greater dividends in the long run and therefore Jane finds this aspect of her job most rewarding.
Anne Bodensteiner, Health & Wellness Promotion Coordinator
- Reading, cross-country skiing, running, watching movies, cooking and traveling are some of Anne's favorite ways to unwind.
- As her educational background might indicate, she is particularly passionate about nutrition related health – however many aspects of wellness interconnect to affect nutrition choices and overall well being.
Jen Schoenecker, Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator
- Jen enjoys reading, spending time boating and camping at the lake in the summer, snowmobiling in the winter and traveling all year round!
- One health and wellness area that has been of particular interest for Jen throughout her career is alcohol and other drug education. She strongly believes in the importance of educating students about drinking in low-risk ways.
Hope Walker, Administrative Secretary
- Hope's hobbies are photography, reading, cross-stitch and spending time at her summer home in Warroad, MN.
- One health related topic she is passionate about is mental health and suicide, as she has dealt with this closely in her family.
Sam Branger, Program Lead
- Sam chose to be a part of the peer education team to help students learn about the Health & Wellness Hub; she particularly enjoys knowing that students are learning something new when they come to an event that the Hub puts on during the year.
- A fun fact about Sam is that she has a horse in her backyard in Minnesota named Mulligan.
Yuliya Kartoshkina, Health & Wellness Education Lead GSA
- Yuliya's hobbies include yoga, painting, and exploring state and national parks. In her work at the Health & Wellness Hub, she enjoys working with peers, brainstorming for ideas, and making the best of them happen.
- She is passionate about helping students create healthy habits that will last for a lifetime.
Missy Majerus, Alcohol & Other Drugs Lead GSA
- Missy has 5 nieces and 2 nephews who are wonderful and crazy. She and her black lab Frank enjoy spending time at her family's lake home in the summer.
- Missy is passionate about inspiring others, mentoring, and helping others to understand how they can make positive changes that will last a life-time.
Miriam Wood-Alameda, Assessment Lead GSA
- Miriam enjoys spending time with her husband, Jeremy, and their dog, Suki.
- Miriam believes the road of wellness looks different from person to person. However, it is important to find the vehicle that will enable you to both experience and maintain it. Personally, her vehicle is running!
- Jon chose to be a peer educator because he has a great passion to help others and gains immense personal satisfaction from educating others so they may make an informed decision. What Jon likes most about being a peer educator is the friendly work environment where everyone loves what they do.
- He likes to hunt and fish. Jon played baseball up until he hurt his arm, so now he plays rugby. Jon looks forward to working with so many passionate individuals and contributing as much value as he can!
- Carmen chose to be a peer educator so that she can influence our campus in a positive way. One of her favorite aspects of being a peer educator is that she gets to work with amazing people and share information about living a healthy lifestyle with her peers.
One of Carmen's favorite things to do is travel. She loves being immersed in different cultures and experiencing what the world we live in has to offer.
- Kelsey chose to be a peer educator because she loves working with students and helping them make healthier choices.
- A fun fact about Kelsey is that her favorite season is fall because of all the delicious comfort food and you can't forget the pumpkin pie!
- Emily chose to be a peer educator is because it is a great experience for her future career as a counselor. She is able to focus on preventative health, inform others on alcohol and other drugs, and be a member of a great team.
- One fun fact about Emily is that she loves to run with her chocolate lab, Shadow, and she enjoys a good cup of coffee.
- Kelsie chose to be a Peer Educator because she wants to help UND students become more educated about alcohol and other drugs. Specifically, what she enjoys most about being a Peer Educator is being able to talk directly to her peers about alcohol.
- One fun fact about Kelsie is that she loves sports, especially soccer.
- Maggie chose to be a peer educator because not only does she want to share education on alcohol and other drugs, but she also wants to learn more about it herself. Her favorite part of this job is working with people and learning new things.
- Fun Fact about Maggie: she can fit her fist in her mouth. She loves running outside on summer mornings followed by a swim in the lake!
- Maggie chose to be a peer educator to help the UND campus to better themselves with the decisions they make everyday involving AOD. Her favorite part of being a peer educator is being involved in a group of people creating and promoting programs and outreach across campus.
- One fun fact about Maggie is that she can hyper extend her elbows!
- Kiley chose to become a peer educator because she has spent years personally witnessing the devastating effects of abusing drugs on just the abusers themselves, but also their friends and loved ones.
- In addition to being a peer educator and graduate student, Kiley is also an aspiring novelist, and is currently working on her first novel.
Antonia Forbes, Mental Health Peer Educator
- Antonia chose to be a peer educator because she really wanted a hand in making mental health issues more mainstream and accessible to fellow students.
- Fun Fact: Antonia has a huge travel bug and is always thinking of new adventures in faraway lands!
Sarah Knodel, Nutrition Peer Educator
- Sarah chose to be a peer educator because she likes sharing what she learns with others. She also thinks that it is important for students to be aware of what they are eating and how it can affect them short and long term.
- What Sarah likes about being a peer educator is that she gets to work with different educators who are all working towards one goal together; to educate the students of UND.
Madison Wessling, Sexual Health Peer Educator
- Madison chose to be a peer educator because she is passionate about educating people on healthier lifestyle choices, she especially enjoys setting up events that are fun to come to and give useful information on sexual health.
- One fun fact about Madison is that she has a miniature dachshund, his name is Scout.
Vacant, Physical Activity Peer Educator
Apply for this position here: https://und.studentemployment.ngwebsolutions.com/
Vacant, General Health Peer Educator
- What Erica enjoys about working at the Health & Wellness Hub is the positivity of the staff and fun and supportive atmosphere the Hub offers.
- A fun fact about Erica is that she had the opportunity to study abroad in Salzburg, Austria the summer of 2011.
- What Leah likes most about working in the Health & Wellness Hub is seeing all of her friendly co-workers, and getting to help a variety of students and staff with any health questions they may have.
- One fun fact about Leah is that she loves to travel, especially to Europe. She has been to France, Amsterdam, Belgium, Japan, Jamaica, Aruba, and Mexico.
- Lauren really enjoys how we promote health and wellness at UND as well as interacting with other students and faculty.
- One fun fact about Lauren is that she is a member of Delta Gamma here at UND.