- Alcohol & Other Drugs
- Mental Health
- Sexual Health
- General Health
- Physical Activity
Sexual Respect & Violence Prevention
Physical activity is important for college students in order to keep a well balanced life. The Health & Wellness Peer Education office promotes fitness on the UND campus by providing and presenting information to students.
Basic Physical Activity Information
College-age students should get 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 days a week. Don't forget to have a balanced workout, including:
- Cardiovascular (walking, running, biking, hiking, elliptical, etc.)
- Strength training
The Wellness Center can help you achieve your fitness goals through personal trainers, group exercise classes, and more.
Why should you exercise?
- Improves self-esteem and feelings of well-being
- Increases fitness level
- Helps build and maintain bones, muscles and joints
- Builds endurance and muscle strength
- Enhances flexibility and posture
- Helps manage weight
- Lowers risk of heart disease, colon cancer and type 2 diabetes
- Helps control blood pressure
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety