Play Pursuit of Wellness
A game designed for all UND students staff and faculty to learn firsthand the correlation between wellness and academic success. Students will be encouraged to participate in a variety of existing campus activities, all of which connect to at least one of the 7 Dimensions.
Incentives will be placed throughout the game for encouraged participation among UND students staff, and faculty. Winners of the prizes, including the two winners of the Pursuit of Wellness Challenge (one boy and one girl) will be announced on the Pursuit of Wellness Facebook page!
- Students will have 30 days to participate in events. Students must participate in 7 events from all different dimensions. Once they complete the Pursuit they can enter the drawing for the FITBIT Wristband!
- There will be several chances to earn each of the 7 Dimensions, featuring an activity from a different dimension every day, of each week.
- The events list can be found at the event calendar on the Pursuit of Wellness Facebook page.
Game will be played from January 16th – February 14th. Students can complete the game at their own pace by picking what days and what activities they want to participate in.
Take your game to the next level with the POW Challenge!
Pursuit of Wellness Challenge – Play and you could WIN the GRAND PRIZE!
- Eligible participants: All UND students, staff & faculty
- Must complete registration by January 8th. Check back soon for the ENTRANCE SURVEY.
- Must complete all 7 Dimensions
- In order to qualify for the GRAND PRIZE drawing, you must post on the Facebook wall of your Pursuit of Wellness journey and all the events your participated in.
- Content must include:
- The name of the activities including the dimensions
- Thoughts/feelings before attending
- Brief description of the activity
- Thoughts/feelings afterwards
- Indicate how this dimension can improve your academic success.
Activity: Attend Fitness Class at the Wellness Center
Wednesday, January 8th at 6:45pm
The activity was to attend a group exercise class at the Wellness Center. I thought this would be a great opportunity to attend CardioKick class. I heard it was really hard, but you could get a tshirt if you went to the class 5 times – so here was my first. It was so tough! I have never been in a cardio class that had that intense of cardiovascular activity. We did moves from plyometrics to boxing – it was so intense. The running in a circle thing was torture. I met another girl in the class so she coached me through some of the moves. I’m so glad I went – I met a new friend, a new exercise class and I felt great afterwards. I’ve done the Insanity workout before, but this was just as intense. I think this class is a great stress reliever and I think the punching bag part can really help me unwind once a week. I will definitely be going back to this class!
Get Registered for Prizes!
Get registered for prizes by filling out this survey. Once you have submitted your survey, you will be entered into a drawing for weekly prizes.
Please check back soon for the ENTRANCE SURVEY.
Survey must be completed by midnight on January 8th.
Submit Your Event for Pursuit of Wellness
Submit your application for your activity to be included in the Pursuit of Wellness Challenge. Fill out this event submission form and return it to Karina Wittmann or mail to STOP 8365, Attn: Karina Wittmann for your event to be considered. All applications must be submitted by January 20th, 2014.
Click here for information on the 2014 Pursuit of Wellness Expo!