- About the Facility
- Facility Reservations
- Schedules and Events
- Participant Policies
- Pool and Racquetball
Cycle for a Cause
Cycle for a Cause is a project started to raise money and promote health through group exercise classes at the UND Wellness Center. Cycle for a Cause was a cycle class that was launched in the spring semester of 2012. The participants consisted primarily of UND students, faculty and staff. Every mile cycled in the class was logged and matched by community sponsors. 100% of the proceeds were donated to a local health cause.
The instructor, Laura Ahmed (Eagen) developed a presentation for each class, educating participants on the topics surrounding the semesters cause (e.g. Cancer - spring 2012 , Cardiovascular Disease - fall 2012).
Spring 2012 Results
• Raised $500 for Altru's Cancer Research Center (Sponsored by Hugo's, Scheels, and Bremer Bank)
• Over 220 individuals participated in the cause.
• Approximately 4,000 miles were biked in a 2 month period.
Fall 2012 Results
• Raised $1,000 for Altru's Cardiology Center (Sponsored by Hugo's, Scheels, Ski & Bike Shop, and Bremer Bank)
• Over 250 individuals participated in the cause.
• Approximately 6,000 miles were biked in a 2 month period.