- About the Facility
- Tour the Facility
- Green Initiative
- Quiet Lounge
- Floor Plan
- Rentals and Retreats
- Member Benefits
- Membership Rates
- Health Club Credit - BCBSND
- Health Club Credit - BCBSMN
- Membership Policies
- About Fitness
- Group Exercise
- Specialty Exercise
- Personal Training
- Upcoming Certifications
- Virtual TrainerSteroid Use Awareness
What is Personal Training?
All Personal Trainers are booked at this time and are unable to take on new clients. If you wish to be added to the waiting list please send your Name, Email & Phone Number to firstname.lastname@example.org
UND Wellness Center personal training focuses on the physical dimension of health and wellness. Wellness Center Personal Trainers are nationally certified, which means they are held to a higher standard of care than your workout buddy, including confidential training. They are ready to develop an exercise program specifically for you and to inspire you to an elevated level of physical fitness.
Benefits of Personal Training
- Customized program for your body type, your genetics and your exercise history.
- Safely and efficiently accomplish your goals.
- One on one; motivation and support.
- Learn how to correctly lift weights and optimally perform cardiovascular exercise.
- Complete confidentiality of all records and workouts.
Stop by the Fitness Desk or call 777-3417 for more information.
Why hire a Personal Trainer?
Think about all of the time you might otherwise waste utilizing a program that doesn't work for your body type, your genetics and your exercise history. As experts in the field of fitness, our personal trainers can help you safely and efficiently accomplish your goals, whatever they may be, by working with you one on one. You will learn how to correctly lift weights and optimally perform cardiovascular exercise. From being your motivator to being your teacher, our personal trainers will be there for you.
What can you expect from a Personal Trainer?
- Certified, knowledgeable and professional
- Motivation and support
- Exercise prescription based on your needs and goals
- Complete confidentiality of all records and workouts
How do I get started?
To get started with a personal trainer, schedule your FREE Goal Consultation to talk to a personal trainer about your medical history, lifestyle, and personal goals. A goal consultation is an opportunity for you to meet with a certified personal trainer absolutely free of charge! This session is used for you and your trainer to discuss any and all of your goals, questions or concerns relating to fitness and wellness. If you are curious to see if personal training is right for you, a Goal Consultation is a great way to find out. If you're ready to get started, you'll then get scheduled for a Comprehensive Fitness Assessment. This is done to ensure that you receive a quality personal fitness program and are medically ready for exercise. Your health and well-being is always our highest priority! To schedule one, stop by the Fitness desk, located within the weight floor of the Wellness Center or call 777-3417.
- All participants must be a current member of the Wellness Center and maintain their membership for the duration of the personal training package.
- All packages/services purchased will expire after 8 weeks unless specified otherwise.
- Appointments must be cancelled or rescheduled 24 hours in advance or you will forfeit your session.
- Full Personal Training Contract
- If necessary, clients may be required to submit a medical clearance form in order to participate safely in personal training. A copy may downloaded here: Medical Clearance Form
For more information
Stop by the fitness desk or call 777-3417 with any questions.
Schedule your FREE Goal Consultation first to talk to a personal trainer about your medical history, lifestyle and personal goals.
Let's Get Started!
This package is perfect for the person who wants to kick-start their fitness routine and includes:
- Comprehensive Fitness Assessment
- 6 Personal Training Sessions
- Culinary Corner Cooking Class
- Cost: $165
For those interested in general personal training, we offer reduced rates when you buy more than one personal training session at a time. A Comprehensive Fitness Assessment is required before any personal training sessions can be purchased.
- 1 Session $23 (Expires after 2 weeks)
- 3 Sessions $65 (Expires after 3 weeks) - Save $4
- 6 Sessions $125 (Expires after 6 weeks) - Save $13
- 10 Sessions $210 (Expires after 10 weeks) - Save $20
- 16 Sessions $309 (Expires after 16 weeks) - Save $59 (BEST VALUE!)
Small Group Training
We offer personal training for small groups that have similar fitness goals. Not only do you get to exercise with friends or family, but you get to do so at a reduced cost! A Comprehensive Fitness Assessment is required before any personal training sessions can be purchased.
- Groups of 2 people, $17 each
- Groups of 3 people, $11 each
- Groups of 4 people, $8 each
Comprehensive Fitness Assessment
The Comprehensive Fitness Assessment is a thorough evaluation of your general wellness, body composition, cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility. This assessment is required for all personal training packages.
- 1 Assessment - $45
- 2 Assessment - $79
Download your own copy of the packages offered: Personal Training Packages
Meet the Trainers
Certifications/Education: National Strength and Conditioning Association-Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT)/Degree in Exercise Science/Graduate Research Assistant
Goals: To help individuals achieve their health and wellness goals as well as improving their dimensions of wellness. Staying active gives me a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. I want to be able to bring that same sense of achievement to others.
Experience: Over 5 years of experience in strength and conditioning.
Motto: "Train hard, but train smart."
"Train, Recover, Achieve."
Personal: I am from Grand Forks, ND and am currently working on my Masters of Science Degree in Kinesiology. I am also a Graduate Research Assistant in the field of Kinesiology.
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Certified Personal Trainer; Turbo Kick Certified Instructor; Hip Hop Hustle Certified Instructor, B.S. in Psychology, Minor in Health Education
Goals: To inspire individuals to reach for their health and wellness goals, pushing them beyond their expectations. To understand wellness as a way of life. To encourage clients eat to nourish their bodies, to exercise to be fit, and to acknowledge their accomplishments.
Experience: Group Exercise Instructor since 2010, Group Exercise Program Manager since 2012, Personal Trainer and Personal Training Program Manager since 2013.
"Nothing is as good as healthy feels."
"Progress is impossible without change. Change is impossible within your comfort zone."
Personal: I believe strength is a product of struggle. You must do what others don't to achieve what others won't. I have participated in athletics throughout my life. This involvement introduced me to training at an early age. Also through these experiences, I learned the benefits of exercising and living a healthy lifestyle. I strive to motive, inspire and educate others about the many benefits of pursuing a wellness lifestyle. I believe that, with discipline and patience success can be achieved regardless of an individual's goals or level of fitness.