- About the Facility
- Tour the Facility
- Green Initiative
- Quiet Lounge
- Floor Plan
- Rentals and Retreats
- Member Benefits
- Membership Rates
- Health Club Credit - BCBSND
- Health Club Credit - BCBSMN
- Membership Policies
- About Fitness
- Group Exercise
- Specialty Exercise
- Personal Training
- Upcoming Certifications
- Virtual TrainerSteroid Use Awareness
What is Personal Training?
Summer 2014 Personal Training Promotion
Personal Training Promo Details:
- Open to anyone (Faculty, Staff, Students, WC Members, Spouses)
- All package options eligible for the promotion
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must complete the free Goal Consultation & Comprehensive Fitness Assessment prior to beginning training sessions
- Must initial and sign the facility waiver, personal training contract, and informed consent form
- Must complete a medical clearance form prior to beginning assessment and sessions if deemed necessary by the trainer
- Must pay for package in full before beginning sessions
- All sessions will take place outdoors with the exception of the Goal Consultation and the Comprehensive Fitness Assessment. If inclement weather prohibits the completion of a session, the session will be canceled and rescheduled for another day at no penalty to the client. All other policies regarding attendance still stand (e.g. 24 hour cancellation notice, etc)
- Must have a valid UND parking permit to use Wellness Center parking lots
- Must complete all sessions by August 15th, 2014
UND Wellness Center personal training focuses on the physical dimension of health and wellness. Wellness Center Personal Trainers are nationally certified, which means they are held to a higher standard of care, including confidential training. They are prepared to develop an exercise program specific to your needs and will inspire you to elevate your level of physical fitness.
Benefits of Personal Training
- Customized program for your body type, your genetics and your exercise history.
- Safely and efficiently accomplish your goals.
- One-on-one motivation and support.
- Learn how to correctly lift weights and optimally perform cardiovascular exercises.
- Complete confidentiality of all records and workouts.
Stop by the Fitness Desk or call 777-3417 for more information.
Why hire a Personal Trainer?
Think about all of the time you might otherwise waste utilizing a program that doesn't work for your body type, your genetics and your exercise history. As experts in the field of fitness, our Personal Trainers can help you safely and efficiently accomplish your goals, whatever they may be, by working with you one-on-one. You will learn how to correctly lift weights and optimally perform cardiovascular exercises. From being your motivator to being your teacher, our Personal Trainers will be there for you.
What can you expect from a Personal Trainer?
- Certified, knowledgeable and professional
- Motivational and supportive
- Exercise prescription based on your needs and goals
- Complete confidentiality of all records and workouts
How do I get started?
To get started with a Personal Trainer, schedule your FREE Goal Consultation to talk to a Personal Trainer about your medical history, lifestyle, and personal goals. A Goal Consultation is an opportunity for you to meet with a Certified Personal Trainer absolutely free of charge! This session is used for you and your Trainer to discuss any and all of your goals, questions or concerns relating to fitness and wellness. If you are curious to see if personal training is right for you, a Goal Consultation is a great way to find out. If you're ready to get started, you'll then get scheduled for a Comprehensive Fitness Assessment. This is done to ensure that you receive a quality personal fitness program and are medically ready for exercise. Your health and well-being is always our highest priority! To schedule one, stop by the Fitness desk, located within the weight floor of the Wellness Center or call 777-3417.
- All participants must be a current member of the Wellness Center and maintain their membership for the duration of the personal training package.
- All packages/services purchased will expire after 8 weeks unless specified otherwise.
- Appointments must be cancelled or rescheduled 24 hours in advance or you will forfeit your session.
- Full Personal Training Contract
- If necessary, clients may be required to submit a medical clearance form in order to participate safely in personal training. A copy may downloaded here: Medical Clearance Form
For more information
Stop by the fitness desk or call 777-3417 with any questions.
Schedule your FREE Goal Consultation first to talk to a personal trainer about your medical history, lifestyle and personal goals.
Let's Get Started!
This package is perfect for the person who wants to kick-start their fitness routine and includes:
- Comprehensive Fitness Assessment
- 6 Personal Training Sessions
- Culinary Corner Cooking Class
- Cost: $165
For those interested in general personal training, we offer reduced rates when you buy more than one personal training session at a time. A Comprehensive Fitness Assessment is required before any personal training sessions can be purchased.
- 1 Session $23 (Expires after 2 weeks)
- 3 Sessions $65 (Expires after 3 weeks) - Save $4
- 6 Sessions $125 (Expires after 6 weeks) - Save $13
- 10 Sessions $210 (Expires after 10 weeks) - Save $20
- 16 Sessions $309 (Expires after 16 weeks) - Save $59 (BEST VALUE!)
Small Group Training
We offer personal training for small groups that have similar fitness goals. Not only do you get to exercise with friends or family, but you get to do so at a reduced cost! A Comprehensive Fitness Assessment is required before any personal training sessions can be purchased.
- Groups of 2 people, $17 each
- Groups of 3 people, $11 each
- Groups of 4 people, $8 each
Comprehensive Fitness Assessment
The Comprehensive Fitness Assessment is a thorough evaluation of your general wellness, body composition, cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility. This assessment is required for all personal training packages.
- 1 Assessment - $45
- 2 Assessment - $79
Download your own copy of the packages offered: Personal Training Packages
Meet the Trainers
Certifications/Education: National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Personal Trainer; BS in Exercise Science; Graduate Research Assistant, Kinesiology; ViPR Certified Instructor.
Goals: To help individuals achieve their health and wellness goals as well as improving their dimensions of wellness. Staying active gives me a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. I want to be able to bring that same sense of achievement to others.
Experience: Over 5 years of experience in strength and conditioning.
"Train hard, but train smart."
"Train, Recover, Achieve."
Personal: I am from Grand Forks, ND and am currently working on my Masters of Science Degree in Kinesiology. I am also a Graduate Research Assistant in the field of Kinesiology.
Certifications/Education: National Council of Strength and Fitness (NCSF) Certified Personal Trainer; ViPR Certified Instructor.
Goals: My goals are to inspire, motivate, and satisfy my clients in helping them achieve their fitness goals. Along with educating my clients on ways to better themselves physically, my goal is also to help them carry this increased knowledge and confidence that comes with living a healthier lifestyle over to other areas of their lives. Lastly, I want to get to know my clients on a personal level, be there for them as a friend, and from doing so find the best fits for workouts based on their specific needs/wants.
Experience: Summer intern at Family Wellness helping facilitate workouts. Athlete throughout high school.
"Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself to the person you were from yesterday"
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength"
"What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"
Personal: I am a student at UND majoring in Kinesiology. I plan to attend graduate school also at UND to earn my Master's degree. I developed a passion for fitness at a young age and soon learned the amazing affects it has not only on your body but also on your mind. My increased awareness of the benefits of exercise led me to my decision to continue to pursue an education in health and wellness. This passion also inspired my participation in fun activities including: numerous 5Ks, 10Ks, a couple half marathons, the sixty day Insanity challenge, and more! A current goal of mine is to complete a tough mudder!
Certifications/Education: Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Certified Personal Trainer; ViPR Certified Instructor.
BS in IDS Health Sciences, May 2014
Goals: To help and inspire individuals to achieve their goals in health and wellness. To help people push beyond their limits and to continually progress toward a healthier and more active lifestyle. I believe fitness is a metaphor for life: as you struggle to do that last rep or the last mile, you prepare yourself to face other difficult obstacles in your life; you prove you are able to strive for success, regardless of how tired you are.
Experience: Collegiate athlete for 1 year, RecSports Intramural Supervisor for 3 years, UND Anatomy 204 GTA (during undergraduate career, 2014).
"For me, life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer"
"Change your mind, change your life"
Personal: I have realized the harder you work, the luckier you get and the stronger you become. Fitness has become an outlet for me. After not continuing with my competitive basketball career, I was able to channel my mentality and focus into the weight room. I am currently finished a BS in Health Sciences and am pursuing medicine. I hope to work with people in either a fitness or a clinical setting. I truly believe in working hard in all aspects of your life. I feel that, by challenging yourself, demonstrating your continual hunger for improvement with a strong mental capacity, everything becomes achievable.
Certifications/Education: BS in Kinesiology, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Health/Fitness Specialist, currently finishing MS in Kinesiology.
Goals: To help educate people on how to build habits for lifelong exercise and overall wellness as well as meet their specific fitness needs. I want to show people that exercise isn't as intimidating as it seems and can actually be fun!
Experience: Life-long athlete, former Division-I dual athlete (basketball and volleyball) former collegiate volleyball coach.
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"
"Abs start in the kitchen"
Personal: I grew up playing sports from a very young age through my college years where I played volleyball and basketball at New Mexico State University. I then coached volleyball at the Division I level for two and a half years. I personally love exercise because of the health benefits that come with it, but mostly because when I am done, I feel great and it spreads to every area of my life. I am excited to be able to help people achieve their individual fitness goals while providing a motivating and supportive atmosphere.