- About the Facility- hours
- Facility Reservations
- Schedules and Events
- Participant Policies
- Pool and Racquetball
The UND Wellness Center's personal training program focuses on the physical, emotional, and intellectual dimensions of health and wellness. Wellness center personal trainers are nationally certified, which means they are held to a higher standard of care, including confidential training. They are prepared to develop an exercise program specific to your needs and will inspire you to elevate your level of physical fitness.
Benefits of Personal Training
- Customized program for your body type, your genetics, and your exercise history.
- Safely and efficiently accomplish your goals.
- One-on-one motivation and support.
- Learn how to correctly lift weights and optimally perform cardiovascular exercises.
- Complete confidentiality of all records and workouts.
For more information about personal training, call 701.777.3417 or stop by the fitness desk on the weight room floor.
Personal Training Information
Why hire a personal trainer?
Think about all of the time you might otherwise waste utilizing a program that doesn't work for your body type, your genetics, and your exercise history. As experts in the field of fitness, our personal trainers can help you safely and efficiently accomplish your goals, whatever they may be, by working with you one-on-one. You will learn how to correctly lift weights and optimally perform cardiovascular exercises. From being your motivator to being your teacher, our personal trainers will be there for you.
Personal Training Client Spotlight: See how hiring a personal trainer helped Riddhiman Goswami!
What can you expect from a personal trainer?
- A certified, knowledgeable, and professional person.
- Will be motivational and supportive.
- An exercise prescription based on your needs and goals.
- Complete confidentiality of all records and workouts.
How do I get started?
To get started with a personal trainer, schedule your FREE goal consultation to talk to a personal trainer about your medical history, lifestyle, and personal goals. A goal consultation is an opportunity for you to meet with a Certified Personal Trainer absolutely free of charge! This session is used for you and your trainer to discuss any and all of your goals, and any questions or concerns you may have relating to fitness and wellness. If you are curious to see if personal training is right for you, a goal consultation is a great way to find out!
If you're ready to get started, the next step will be to get scheduled for a comprehensive fitness assessment. This is done to ensure that you receive a quality personal fitness program and are medically ready for exercise. Your health and well-being is always our highest priority!
To schedule a goal consultation or comprehensive fitness assessment, please call 701.777.3417 or stop by the fitness desk on the weight room floor.
- All participants must be a current member of the UND Wellness Center and maintain their membership for the duration of the personal training package.
- All packages/services purchased will expire after 8 weeks unless specified otherwise.
- Appointments must be cancelled or rescheduled 24 hours in advance or you will forfeit your session.
- Fill out the Personal Training Contract.
- If necessary, clients may be required to submit a medical clearance form in order to participate safely in personal training. A copy may be downloaded here: Medical Clearance Form
For More Information
If you have any questions, please call 701.777.3417 or stop by the fitness desk on the weight room floor.
Schedule your FREE goal consultation to talk with a personal trainer about your medical history, lifestyle, and personal goals.
Let's Get Started!
This package is perfect for the person who wants to kick-start their fitness routine! The package includes:
- Comprehensive Fitness Assessment
- 6 Personal Training Sessions
- Culinary Corner Cooking Class
- Cost: $175.00
For those interested in general personal training, we offer reduced rates when you buy more than one personal training session at a time. A comprehensive fitness assessment is required before any personal training sessions can be purchased.
- 1 Session = $25.00 (Expires after 2 weeks)
- 3 Sessions = $70.00 (Expires after 3 weeks) – Save $5
- 6 Sessions = $135.00 (Expires after 6 weeks) – Save $15
- 10 Sessions = $227.00 (Expires after 10 weeks) – Save $23
- 16 Sessions = $333.00 (Expires after 16 weeks) – Save $67 (BEST VALUE!)
Small Group Training
We offer personal training sessions for small groups that have similar fitness goals. Not only do you get to exercise with friends or family, but you get to do so at a reduced cost! A comprehensive fitness assessment is required before any personal training sessions can be purchased.
- Groups of 2 people = $19.00 each
- Groups of 3 people = $12.00 each
- Groups of 4 people = $9.00 each
Comprehensive Fitness Assessment
The comprehensive fitness assessment is a thorough evaluation of your general wellness, body composition, cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance, and the Functional Movement Screen (identify muscle asymmetries, tightness, weakness, and other risk factors for injury by examining the mobility and stability of the hips, core, shoulders, knees, spine, and ankles). This assessment is required for all personal training packages.
- 1 Assessment = $55.00
- 2 Assessment (Pre & Post) = $97.00
Download your own copy of the personal training packages offered at the UND Wellness Center: Personal Training Packages
Group Personal Training Classes
Battle Ropes Bootcamp
Do ever feel like you’ve hit a plateau with your workouts? Well you know, they say variety is the spice of life! Why not add some variety to your workouts by training with one of the most popular exercise tools around, that being battle ropes! You’ve seen them on practically every athletic TV commercial. Now, learn the basics on how to use battle ropes through this 6-week bootcamp. Each session will incorporate new exercises and build off from previous ones while also utilizing more traditional exercises such as squats, lunges, shuffles, etc. Learn how to integrate them into your exercise routine to help further reach your health and fitness goals. Battle Ropes are more than just wave exercises.! It could be that missing link needed to get you over that unwanted plateau. Let me show you the ropes!
Personal Trainer: Shawn
- Saturdays 10am - 10:45am
- January 30, 2016 to March 5, 2016
- Class will be held in Multi-Activity Court at the UND Wellness Center
Class Limit: 10 spots available
Women & Weights
Women & Weights is a class designed develop confidence in females so they can incorporate strength training into their workout routine. Women will work with nationally certified personal trainers to learn the benefits of weight training, proper weight lifting techniques & how to structure an effective weight training session.
What you can expect from Women & Weights?
- In a months time-span you can expect to feel more comfortable/confident on the weight floor.
- You will be taken through a program that includes learning general knowledge behind the benefits of weight lifting as well as getting to participate in hands on lifting.
- You will engage in an opportunity to learn both bar and free weight lifts.
- Come to learn, grow stronger, and most importantly have FUN!
- Class is held Monday & Wednesday
- Dates - TBD
Class Limit: 8 spots available
Meet the Trainers
- National Council of Strength and Fitness (NCSF) Certified Personal Trainer
- ViPR Certified Instructor
- My goals are to inspire, motivate, and satisfy my clients in helping them achieve their fitness goals. Along with educating my clients on ways to better themselves physically, my goal is also to help them carry this increased knowledge and confidence that comes with living a healthier lifestyle over to other areas of their lives. Lastly, I want to get to know my clients on a personal level, be there for them as a friend, and from doing so, find the best fits for workouts based on their specific needs/wants.
- Summer intern at Family Wellness helping facilitate workouts.
- Athlete throughout high school.
- "Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself to the person you were from yesterday."
- "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
- "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"
- I am a student at UND majoring in Kinesiology. I also plan on attending graduate school at UND to earn my Master's Degree. I developed a passion for fitness at a young age and soon learned the amazing affects it has not only on your body, but also on your mind. My increased awareness of the benefits of exercise led me to my decision to continue to pursue an education in health and wellness. This passion also inspired my participation in fun activities, such as numerous 5K and 10K races, a couple half marathons, the sixty-day INSANITY Challenge, and more! A current goal of mine is to complete a Tough Mudder!
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Personal Trainer
- BS in Exercise Science
- Graduate Research Assistant, Kinesiology
- ViPR Certified Instructor
- To help individuals achieve their health and wellness goals, as well as improving their dimensions of wellness. Staying active gives me a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. I want to be able to bring that same sense of achievement to others.
- Over 5 years of experience in strength and conditioning.
- "Train hard, but train smart."
- "Train, Recover, Achieve."
- I am from Grand Forks, ND and am currently working on my Masters of Science Degree in Kinesiology. I am also a Graduate Research Assistant in the field of Kinesiology.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer
- Currently pursuing a double major in Dietetics and Kinesiology at the University of North Dakota
- I strive to provide the latest and greatest exercise knowledge to my clients in a way that is understandable and very useful. By the end of our time training together, I trust that my clients will be confident and able to continue to facilitate their own specific exercise program.
- I played junior hockey in Owatonna, MN where I began to build interest in the world of exercise. Along with my personal success story, I worked to help others achieve theirs. I have trained clients at an individual level for 2 years now.
- "Anything worth wanting is most definitely worth working for."
- I enjoy many activities in my free time: hockey, biking, hiking, and golf are just a few. I am also very adventurous and I love trying new things.
- Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Fitness and Wellness
- American Council of Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer
- I want my clients to understand the positive impact leading a healthy lifestyle will have throughout all aspects of their lives, not just by telling them, but as they live it out. I want to be a part of them finding a passion inside of them that will drive them to do their best and be the best version of themselves. I want to watch my clients succeed in little goals as they strive for their main goal.
- I grew up playing sports my whole life. When I started college, my passion for exercise and sports became my life passion and I decided to get a degree in it. I spent over a year as an intern for my university's Athletic Training program and loved every moment of it. I graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Fitness and Wellness. When I decided to move to North Dakota, I launched myself into the fitness industry and became a personal trainer at Anytime Fitness and have been doing that ever since.
- "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard!"
- "Just do it." – Nike
- I have a passion for fitness and love every aspect of it. I enjoy running, weight training, and pushing myself to the extreme limit. I am motivated to make myself better everyday in every way and failure is never an option. I work hard so that I can play even harder, and when I am passionate about something I tend to share it with everyone. My happy place is the beach and the ocean.
- American Council on Exercise; Certified Personal Trainer
- Associates of Science in Fitness
- My goal for clients is their goal; I give the tools to make their fitness and wellness goals a reality. Client and trainer teamwork will benefit goal adherence and enjoyability.
- I have two years of training experience within the health and wellness industry. Helping clients from all different backgrounds and fitness levels. Working with different individuals keeps my job enjoyable and interesting!
- Since high school I have been active in the gym learning and growing, training my body to be the fittest it can be. I have a passion for weight lifting and yoga, both are empowering. I am a Junior undergraduate working on a degree in Geology after I changed careers recently.