- About the Facility
- Tour the Facility
- Green Initiative
- Quiet Lounge
- Floor Plan
- Rentals and Retreats
- About Fitness
- Group Exercise
- Specialty Exercise
- 5 Day Fitness Challenge
- Personal Training
- Upcoming Certifications
- Virtual TrainerSteroid Use Awareness
The UND Wellness Center recognizes the following individuals as eligible for membership:
- Current UND Students – Membership to the Wellness Center is included as part of your mandatory student fees. Some course registrations do not include the mandatory student fees and thus enrollment does not qualify for entry into the Wellness Center, without a paid membership. Examples of courses that do not require payment of the mandatory fees include all correspondence courses and continuing enrollment credits.
- Faculty, Staff and Retirees – Faculty, Staff and Retirees of the University are eligible for membership.
- Affiliates of the University – Recognized partners and affiliates of the University of North Dakota and Wellness Center are eligible for membership through the University Associate rate structure. A full list of eligible affiliates can be found on pg. 20 of this document.
- Alumni – All former students of the University are eligible for membership.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) – Any member of the OLLI program is eligible for membership through our Living Well Membership. You must be a fully paid member of OLLI and register for membership through the OLLI office.
- Northland Community Technical College (NCTC) – Students enrolled at NCTC are eligible for membership through the affiliate program and rate structure.
- Guests of the University may obtain access to the Wellness Center by purchasing a $5.00 day pass or working with the Coordinator of Membership & Guest Relations.
All members of the Wellness Center must be 18 years of age or older. UND students under the age of 18 are still eligible for a membership with a waiver of liability signed by a legal guardian.
- Any eligible member of the Wellness Center may sponsor individuals; 18 years of age or older for a day, month, semester or annual membership.
- To purchase a initial sponsored membership, both the current member and sponsored member/s must be present. Either the current member or the sponsored member may purchase the membership.
- Renewal of the membership only requires one member be present at the point of sale.
- If the sponsoring member chooses to leave or cancel their membership, the sponsored member will be contacted and given the opportunity to stay on with a renewed membership of their
Memberships may be purchased during hours of operation at the Welcome Desk and paid for by cash, check or credit card. The Wellness Center accepts the following credit cards: VISA, Mastercard and Discover.
Members who are salaried and benefited employees of the University may sign up for payroll deduction. Payroll deduction allows your dues to be directly taken from your paychecks each pay eriod. Payroll deduction may only be used for semester, 9 month, or annual membership purchases. To sign up for payroll deduction you must complete the payroll deduction contract agreement.
- All salaried, 9 and 12 month benefited employees of the University of North Dakota are eligible for payroll deduction. Hourly employees are not eligible for payroll deduction.
- A deduction will be taken each pay period, in accordance to the applied membership dues. 9 month employees will pay for their membership in 18 pay periods and 12 month employees will pay for their membership in 24 pay periods.
- Memberships will be paid through the Payroll Office at the University of North Dakota or through special arrangements of the corresponding affiliate organization.
- Affiliate organizations that offer payroll deduction to their employees must agree to remit total payment for all memberships from their organization to the Wellness Center on a monthly basis.
- Semester payroll deduction memberships are only available to purchase during the first two weeks of the semester and annual payroll deduction memberships may be purchased at any time.
All members of the Wellness Center, except UND Students are eligible to cancel your semester or annual memberships. No other membership type is eligible for cancellation, i.e. Day and Month.
1. All cancellations must be submitted in writing by completing the Membership Cancellation Form. You will be contacted directly by the Coordinator of Membership & Guest Relations as to the status of your request.
2. Thirty days notice from the day you want your membership canceled is required.
3. At the time of cancellation, the Wellness Center will refund a prorated amount of the membership dues if applicable.
4. All Wellness Center account balances are due at the time of cancellation.
5. If you choose to cancel your membership and are sponsoring a member, they will be given the opportunity to continue being a member with a renewed membership of their own.
6. All special circumstances for cancellation must be made and given to the Coordinator of Membership & Guest Relations for review.
All Payroll deduction members must adhere to all cancellation policies as well as the following:
1. The Authorization to Cancel Payroll Deduction form must be completed and submitted. By submitting an Authorization to Cancel Payroll Deduction form, you are choosing to cancel your payroll deduction and membership.,
2. Semester memberships automatically cancel at the end of each semester; December 31st for fall semester and May 15th for spring semester.
3. If your employment ends from the University, you are no longer eligible for payroll deduction.
Leave of Absence
As a member you may request a temporary leave of absence from the Coordinator of Membership & Guest Relations. A temporary leave of absence form must be completed and submitted for review. You will be contacted directly as to the status of your request. At the time you are contacted, arrangements will be made as to how your membership will be handled and when approved your membership will be suspended until your return.
1. Medical Leave – you must provide a note from a physician describing your inability to exercise.
2. Extended Vacation Leave – e.g. you winter outside the Greater Grand Forks area or you prefer to exercise outdoors in the summer.
3. Temporary Work Relocation leave – this is for individuals who will be away from the Greater Grand Forks area for work reasons. A note from your company is required to verify your leave.
Conflicts regarding membership status, refund, cancellation or leave of absence requests shall be referred to the Coordinator of Membership & Guest Relations. Decisions may be appealed through the Student Wellness Advisory Committee (SWAC).
Waiver of Liability
A waiver of liability must be signed by all users of the facility before entering the Wellness Center. The waiver is found at the Welcome Desk and must be signed annually.
Length of Membership
Annual memberships are active for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Semester memberships are available during the following time frames and are only available for purchase the first two weeks of each semester:
o Spring semester membership: January 1- May 15
o Fall semester membership: August 16-December 31
o Summer semester memberships are available from May 16 to August 15
Monthly memberships may be purchased anytime and are active for one month from the date of purchase.
Daily memberships are active until close on the date of purchase.
Student Membership Categories
Current UND students, who are enrolled in classes and paying mandatory student fees, are eligible for membership by signing a waiver of liability. Some course registrations do not include the mandatory student fees and thus enrollment does not qualify for entry into the Wellness Center, without a paid membership. Examples of courses that do not require payment of the mandatory fees include all correspondence courses and continuing enrollment credits.
Non-Enrolled Student Memberships
- The Non-Enrolled student membership is available for purchase to UND students who are not currently enrolled in classes.
- You must be enrolled in the next semester and were enrolled in the previous semester to participate in this membership.
- Proof of enrollment is required for the following semester through a printed class list/schedule at the time of sale.
- Membership is available at the cost of the full current student membership dues. TABLE 1 shows the current student membership dues.
Incoming Student Memberships
- Any student attending UND for the first time will be eligible for membership after providing documentation with either a letter of acceptance or through a printed class list showing they are enrolled in classes.
- After documentation has been provided the student will be subject to the student rate.
University Associate & Affiliate Membership Categories
University Associate and Dual Membership
- University Associates are defined as all UND faculty, staff and retirees of the university.
- Eligibility will be verified through a current UND ID and/or the Human Resources office at the point of sale.
- Current University Associates may purchase a dual membership; which includes membership for themselves and one sponsored individual 18 years of age or older.
- In case of separation from the University, please refer to the cancellation policies as to how your membership will be handled.
The Wellness Center recognizes the partners and affiliates of the University and will offer a membership equal to a University Associate membership. The following are considered to be recognized affiliates of the University.
- Airport Security
- Alumni Foundation
- Campus Ministries which include Christus Rex, Wittenberg Chapel, St. Thomas Aquinas Center, FOCUS and United Campus MinistryCenter for Community Engagement – VISTA Members
- Human Nutrition Research Center
- INMED Summer College Programs
- Institution for Philosophy in Public Life (IPPL)
- NASA Summer Program
- North Dakota Geological Survey
- North Dakota University System (NDUS)
- Summer Institute of Linguistics Faculty & Staff
- University Village
- Veteran’s Upward Bound Re-Entry Student
- Adjunct Faculty
- North Dakota Museum of Art
- Northland Community & Technical College
- Ralph Engelstad Arena
- University of North Dakota Bookstore
To become a recognized affiliate eligible for membership, the organization must request eligibility to the Coordinator of Membership & Guest Relations. Final approval will be granted by the Wellness Center executive staff.
Other Membership Categories
Alumni of the University are eligible for membership.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) – Living Well Membership
This membership is available to those individuals 55 years of age or older. In order to participant individuals must be or become an active member of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
Once you become a member of OLLI you’re then eligible for the Living Well membership.
- The Living Well membership is a 4-month membership for $180.00 that an individual can start at anytime.
- An individual who is interested in this type of membership must register and submit payment to OLLI only.
- An annual parking pass is included with a paid in full membership. Individuals will receive this the first time they come in for their new member orientation.
- Please visit the OLLI website for more information.