- About Work Well
- Advisory Board
- National Awards
- Work Well Ambassadors
- Culture of Wellness
- Deans for Wellness
- Calendar of Events
- Flu Clinics
- SERW and Spring Fling
- Health Screenings
- Get Moving Challenge
- Gratitude Campaign
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Metabolic Testing
- Expecting & Mothering
- Tobacco Cessation
- Weight Watchers
- Zen in 10
- Special Events
- 7 Dimensions of Wellness
- Ergonomics & Sit-Stand Units
- Walking Paths
- Community Violence Intervention Center
- Stress Busting
Work Well Ambassadors
Learn more about becoming an Ambassador:
Leave this field empty
Who Are They?
- Amazing! Wonderful! Engaging! Caring! Work Well Ambassadors are the eyes, ears and arm-twisters of the Work Well program.
- They know the latest and greatest wellness opportunities for employees and they're not afraid to share it with their co-workers.
- Ambassadors are also the ones who generate great ideas for the Work Well team.
- The primary role of Work Well Ambassadors is to promote wellness and Work Well updates within your department.
- You also serve as the liaison between your department and the UND Work Well program.
Is it fun or work?
This should be a fun experience that you can do to enhance your work environment!
You will want to make sure of a couple things:
- Your supervisor is okay with your involvement
- You have a little time every month to do the basics for a year
Below is a list of a few basics:
- Distribute promotional flyers on upcoming wellness programs and events.
- Announce wellness programs in meetings.
- Create a "Health & Wellness Space" or small separate bulletin board with information about wellness and upcoming programs.
- Informally encourage co-workers to get involved with wellness events.
- Bring feedback and requests from co-workers to the Coordinator of Work Well.
This is really why we do it!!!
"I was being purely selfish in becoming an ambassador in order to help myself. I ended up helping others as well. What a "win, win" situation!" - Lesli Riskey
- YOU are the first to learn about wellness activities at UND and to sign-up first.
- You get to trial fun things.
- You get opportunities that come to UND.
- For instance, when we were selected for the Ergotron Uprising Program to received 20 free sit-stand units, Ambassadors were contacted to get folks together from their own departments for this opportunity.
What are Current Ambassadors Doing?
Work Well Ambassadors in various departments are activating a culture of wellness. Here are a few examples:
- The Center for Rural Health - comprehensive plan and wellness committee including: social wellness (potlucks), environmental wellness (Adopt-A-Highway), health-related presentations, and 5 minutes of wellness at each staff meeting.
- The Anthropology Department - walk club to campus dining hall once a month.
- The Accounting Services, Student Financial Aid and Student Account Services - presentations every semester at staff meetings.
- Dining Services - special health screening every spring break
Ambassador Forms, Resources and Toolkits
Let's keep the momentum going UND to be healthy, well and happy!
If you are interested in more information, please contact Work Well at: 701-777-0210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This information was adapted from the WELL-U program at the University of Rochester, NY.