Work Well Ambassadors
Learn more about becoming an Ambassador:
Leave this field empty
Who Are They?
- Amazing! Wonderful! Engaging! Caring! Work Well Ambassadors are the eyes, ears and arm-twisters of the Work Well program.
- They know the latest and greatest wellness opportunities for employees and they're not afraid to share it with their co-workers.
- Ambassadors are also the ones who generate great ideas for the Work Well team.
- The primary role of Work Well Ambassadors is to promote wellness and Work Well updates within your department.
- You also serve as the liaison between your department and the UND Work Well program.
Is it fun or work?
This should be a fun experience that you can do to enhance your work environment!
You will want to make sure of a couple things:
- Your supervisor is okay with your involvement
- You have a little time every month to do the basics for a year
Below is a list of a few basics:
- Distribute promotional flyers on upcoming wellness programs and events.
- Announce wellness programs in meetings.
- Create a "Health & Wellness Space" or small separate bulletin board with information about wellness and upcoming programs.
- Informally encourage co-workers to get involved with wellness events.
- Bring feedback and requests from co-workers to the Coordinator of Work Well.
This is really why we do it!!!
Page under construction
"I was being purely selfish in becoming an ambassador in order to help myself. I ended up helping others as well. What a "win, win" situation!" - Lesli Riskey
- YOU are the first to learn about wellness activities at UND and to sign-up first.
- You get to trial fun things.
- Ambassadors were able to pilot metabolic testing for FREE. It went smoothly and now it is an available fee-for-service option to employees and spouses/partners.
- You get opportunities that come to UND.
- For instance, when we were selected for the Ergotron Uprising Program to received 20 free sit-stand units, Ambassadors were contacted to get folks together from their own departments for this opportunity.
- You get gift cards by doing a couple activities a year through the Advanced Program.
- For instance, if you get someone to join a challenge with you, volunteer at a Work Well event and organize a small presentation at your staff/faculty meeting, you will get 3 points, which equates to a $10 gift card.
What are Current Ambassadors Doing?
Work Well Ambassadors in various departments are activating a culture of wellness. Here are a few examples:
- The Center for Rural Health - comprehensive plan and wellness committee including: social wellness (potlucks), environmental wellness (Adopt-A-Highway), health-related presentations, and 5 minutes of wellness at each staff meeting.
- The Anthropology Department - walk club to campus dining hall once a month.
- The Accounting Services, Student Financial Aid and Student Account Services - presentations every semester at staff meetings.
- Dining Services - special health screening every spring break
Ambassador Forms, Resources and Toolkits
This page is under construction.
- List of Level 1 and 2 Activities for 2014-2015
- List of Demonstrations/Presentation Options
- End of Year Checklist
- Sign-in sheets
- Walking/Stretching Sign-in sheet
- 2013-2014 Talking Points
- 2014-2015 Voucher
- Take the Stairs
Let's keep the momentum going UND to be healthy, well and happy!
If you are interested in more information, please contact Kim Ruliffson at: 701-777-0210 or email@example.com
This information was adapted from the WELL-U program at the University of Rochester, NY.