- Walking Challenge
- Health Screenings
- Wear Red
- Prenatal Plus
- Metabolic Testing
- Fitness Assessment
- Weight Watchers
- Family Fun Days
- Health Club Credit
- Healthy Living at UND Expo
- Quit Tobacco Options
- Preventive Screenings
- Mental Health and Stress
- Health Coaching
- Diabetes Prevention
- Fight the Flu
- Charity Events
- Cancer/Clinical Trials
- Weight Management
- Diabetes Support Group
- Ergonomic Assessments
Deans for Wellness Initiative
The Associate Provost, Steven Light has challenged each of the 10 Deans to lead a wellness program for their employees (and/or students) to highlight their interest in enhancing the quality of life for staff and faculty so that we can give our best to our UND students.
The following Dean's have participated and their stories are coming soon!
Dean Kathleen Tiemann, College of Arts and Sciences
Dean Tiemann hosted activities on September 10, 2012 including:
- A Potato Feed Appreciation lunch and bean bag toss (110 participants celebrated social wellness)and
- Tee-off with Tiemann and 14 staff and faculty joined her (physical and social wellness)
Dean Tiemann is hosting a Super-BOWL Challenge to employees from February 11-March 10th to track physical activity (steps) and 7-dimensional wellness activities to earn "bowling pins" and then celebrate the staff and faculty success with an actual bowling game on March 25th, 2013.
Dean Kathryn Rand, Law School
Dean Rand hosted activities on October 14, 2012:
Staff, faculty and students participated in the Green Gallop Homecoming Race: 5K, 10K or 1.5 mile Family walk/run (9 participants). Dean Rand gave $50 back to the Law School for every staff and faculty and $25 for each student who participated. Watch the promotional video !
Dean Hesham El-Rewini, College of Engineering and Mines
- Sent an e-mail to all staff and faculty to participate in wellness activities offered to enhance their quality of life (December 2012);
- Provided 2 wellness seminars (repeated twice) to all staff and faculty on "Healthy Eating Out" and "UND Wellness benefits" (January and February 2013);
- Is providing ergonomic assessments for all departments in the college as a collaboration with the Safety and Environmental Health department; 2012-2013).
- Provided chair massage on February 7th and February 13th from 11am-3pm in the Jodsaas Conference Center for the College staff and faculty for emotional wellness.
Dean Denise Korniewicz, College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines
Dean "K". hosted "Dancing with Denise" for staff and faculty of the College of Nursing and Professional Disciples to get their groove on and have some fun.
- The event occurred on February 19th from 3-6pm and 45 staff and faculty attended
- The Lovely Dozen belly Dancers interacted with the crowd,
- Healthy snacks were available
- Staff and faculty learned line dancing.
Photos to come.
Dean Dennis Caine, College of Education and Human Development
The Dean of the College of Education and Human Development welcomes everyone on campus (staff, faculty and students) to attend the upcoming Deans for Wellness Initiative Lecture series!
The audience will do some physical movement during each session and can bring their lunch.
Mark your calendars from 12-12:50pm at the Education Building – Room 113 to attend the following:
- January 23rd: Dr. James Whitehead, "Fitness and Health: Quackery and Fraud"
- Feb. 20th: Dr. Sandra Short, "Couponing: A Contribution to Financial Wellness".
- March 20th: Dr. Tanis Hastmann, "Obesity Prevention: Individual to Community, and Beyond".
- April 10th: Dr. Sarah Edwards, "Lifelong Mental Well-Being".
- May 1st: Dr. Lars Helgeson, "The Effects of Stress and Stress Reduction".
For questions, contact Dennis Caine, Interim Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 777-2675.
Dean Cara Halgren, Dean of Students & Division of Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs will be providing a 4 week At-Work wellness challenge to encourage: daily 15 minutes of cardiovascular activity and one multi-dimensional wellness activity each day of the week using a BINGO theme. The program is expected to be launched in March, 2013.