- About Work Well
- Advisory Board
- National Awards
- Work Well Ambassadors
- Culture of Wellness
- Deans for Wellness
- Calendar of Events
- Flu Clinics
- SERW and Spring Fling
- Health Screenings
- Get Moving Challenge
- Gratitude Campaign
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Management
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Metabolic Testing
- Expecting & Mothering
- Tobacco Cessation
- Weight Watchers
- Zen in 10
- Special Events
- 7 Dimensions of Wellness
- Ergonomics & Sit-Stand Units
- Walking Paths
- Community Violence Intervention Center
- Stress Busting
Deans for Wellness Initiative
The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Steven Light challenged each of the academic Deans to lead a wellness program for their employees (and/or students) to highlight their interest in enhancing the quality of life for staff and faculty so that we can give our best to our UND students.
Below are summaries.
School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Dean Joshua Wynne: Community participated in Joggin' with Josh on September 10th, 2015 for a 1 mile, 5K or 10K walk/jog around campus to increase physical activity.
College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines, Dean Gayle Roux: Staff, faculty and students in the College joined the Dean every Tuesday/Thursdays at 11:30am for a 10 or 20 mins. walk around the scenic campus. This ran from August 18 -September 29, 2015. A celebration occurred with all those who participated entered in a drawing for a new pair of tennis shoes.
School of Law, Dean Kathryn Rand:
- Staff, faculty and students were invited to participate in "The Buzz" with a focus on mental health on October 28, 2015. The dean shared personally, the Student Counseling Center shared resources for students while the Employee Assistance Program shared resources for staff and faculty.
- Staff and faculty participated in a 4 week rotation of Zen in 10 at the School of Law with , a yoga instructor to increase movement, laughter, healthy breathing and re-focusing of minds and bodies for the day (October 6-November 5).
College of Engineering and Mines, Dean Hesham El-Rewini: stretched with other staff and faculty during a 4 week rotation of Zen in 10 in one of the central engineering building. This is a UND program led by a yoga instructor to increase movement, laughter, healthy breathing and re-focusing our mind and body for the day (October 6-November 5).
More updates forthcoming!
College of Education and Human Development
College of Arts & Sciences
School of Aerospace
College of Business & Public Administration
Links to past presentations
The Dean of the College of Education and Human Development welcomed everyone on campus (staff, faculty and students) to attend the Deans for Wellness Initiative Lecture series.
The audience did physical movement during each session.
- January 23, 2013: Dr. James Whitehead, "Fitness and Health: Quackery and Fraud"
- February 20, 2013: Dr. Sandra Short, "Couponing: A Contribution to Financial Wellness"
- March 20, 2013: Dr. Tanis Hastmann, "Obesity Prevention: Individual to Community, and Beyond".
- April 10, 2013: Dr. Sarah Edwards, "Lifelong Mental Well-Being".
- May 1, 2013: Dr. Lars Helgeson, "The Effects of Stress and Stress Reduction".