Deans for Wellness Initiative
The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Steven Light challenged each of the academic Deans to lead a wellness program for their employees (and/or students) to highlight their interest in enhancing the quality of life for staff and faculty so that we can give our best to our UND students.
Below are summaries.
Links to past presentations
Total Employees: 90 (60 faculty, 30 staff)
The Dean of the College of Education and Human Development welcomed everyone on campus (staff, faculty and students) to attend the Deans for Wellness Initiative Lecture series.
The audience did physical movement during each session.
Each Lecture occurred at the Education Building – Room 113 from 12-12:50pm and topic included:
- January 23rd: Dr. James Whitehead, "Fitness and Health: Quackery and Fraud"
- Video not available
- 20 attendees
- Feb. 20th: Dr. Sandra Short, "Couponing: A Contribution to Financial Wellness" (21 attendees)
- Watch the video of this program.
- 21 attendees
- March 20th: Dr. Tanis Hastmann, "Obesity Prevention: Individual to Community, and Beyond".
- 6 attendees
- April 10th: Dr. Sarah Edwards, "Lifelong Mental Well-Being".
- Click here to watch the recorded program.
- 10 attendees
- May 1st: Dr. Lars Helgeson, "The Effects of Stress and Stress Reduction".
- Click here to listen to the program.
- 13 attendees