Expecting and Mothering Options
Prenatal Plus Program
Are you having a baby?
Prenatal Plus is a program for benefited staff and faculty at UND. The state (through NDPERS) provides wonderful benefits including having your deductible waived from PPO health care providers and copayment for prenatal vitamins waivered once enrolled in the program! Participation is voluntary.
Call the number on the back of your BCBSND card: 800-223-1704 to enroll in the Prenatal Plus Program between 12 and 34 weeks of pregnancy. It is recommended to enroll by 12 weeks.
Prenatal Plus is a voluntary screening program offering:
- Education to aid in healthy pregnancy
- Early Intervention for at-risk pregnancy
- A Prenatal Plus nurse from BCBS for a 10 minute phone call to assess risk (between 12-34 weeks, the earlier is preferred)
- Welcome packet includes book, "Taking Care of Your Child", coupons, and information.
- Monthly counseling for at-risk pregnancies
NDPERS additional perks for UND employees with BCBSND insurance, including:
- Waives deductible for maternity delivery admission from PPO provider
- Waives copayments for prenatal vitamins
This program is designed to identify woman at higher risk for premature birth and to prevent the incidence of preterm birth through assessment, intervention and education.
For more information about the program, you can view this site: Prenatal Plus (Link Prenatal Plus at:https://www.bcbsnd.com/members/membercasts/membercast_013.html). NDPERS benefits are not listed on the site, please call the back of your BCBSND card at: 800-223-1704 to enroll in the program.
Click HERE to view a prenatal plus brochure.