Link to HealthyBlue: https://ndpers.healthybluend.com
• Redeem all points by December 31, 2014! Check HealthyBlue website under the green bar: "View Points and Redeem". See Point Redemption tab below for a guide.
• Some employees and spouses have noticed that HealthyBlue is giving less plastic gift cards and more e-mail or smartphone redemption codes. She said she went on-line and ordered a gift card from the specific site, so she eventually got the magic plastic card. Another employee said he went to the Target customer service and they were able to help him there.
• Don't forget you can redeem points for a Pebble which sync to your account and allow your steps to be added into the system every day at 25 points a day. Also, as you think of holiday shopping, FitBits are also compatible with HealthyBlue and will download steps into the system daily (earning you 25 points without doing anything).
• December tutorial on HealthyBlue and the Health Club Credit is December 10 at 10am. Click the below "In Person Sessions and Webinars" tab to get connected.
This program is for YOU and YOUR SPOUSE. Individuals can earn up to a maximum of $250 or $500 with your Spouse (if applicable) between this program and the Health Club Credit.
Benefited Flight Instructors do not have access to HealthyBlue through your insurance plan. You do have the Health Club Credit option. If you use the UND Wellness Center, you have free access, so it will only apply for other participating fitness clubs.
Dates to Remember
- July 1: New voucher system starts
- August 15: Vouchers from last year due to Work Well
- Nov 1: Past year voucher points added into account
- Dec. 31: Last day to redeem points for the year
- Jan 1: System re-loads and you will need to re-complete the health assessment to use the Health Club Credit program and HealthyBlue
Updates from HealthyBlue
Fitbits are compatible with HealthyBlue in the future and will automatically download steps once you link the systems.
- Vouchers are for EMPLOYEES, unfortunately not for spouses
- Use the newest mobile application - set-up your portal code on HealthyBlue
- Use the new Physical Activity button to enter community events, such as walking in a 5K. You can enter up to 5 events for 500 points each
- Check Duncan Digest in HealthyBlue for updates
- You can get a pedometer that directly reports into HealthyBlue. It is the Pebble and is redeemable as a prize for 6500 points.
- Nominate a Wellness Star on HealthyBlue
- Upcoming Challenges
- November/December 2014: Holiday Physical Activity Challenge
Points: It can take up to 48 hours to see updated points.
Once you have collected the points you want, you can follow this GUIDE to redeem your points for prizes or gift cards. Remember, your voucher points are not added until November 1 and that you have to redeem all points by December 31. It is a use-it-or-lose-it system.
In Person Sessions and Webinars
Upcoming In-Person Sessions:
- No upcoming in-person sessions.
You can also arrange a session for your office (30 mins. program) by contacting Heather Horner (BCBSND) at: 701-255-5575 or Heather.Horner@noridian.com.
The webinars include information about the HealthyBlue and Health Club Credit programs and a brief benefits overview. Click the date and time below to be connected.
- Wednesday, December 10 at 10am.
- Join from your computer or
- call: 877-899-3892, passcode: 1205274684
Vouchers will be for the 2013-2014 cycle weredeposited into your account by November 1, 2014.
There is a 6,000 point MAXIMUM that you can earn through participating in Work Well programs.
We are now earning points for 2014-2015. The 2014-2015 Voucher is in effect now. Finish 4 activities by June 30th, 2015 and submit your voucher to Work Well (Mail Stop 8365) by August 15, 2015.
The Health Club Credit and HealthyBlue program have officially connected.
For those using the Health Club Credit, they will see a +2,000 for earning the Health Club Credit, then a -2,000 for the redemption of the $20 (1 point = 1 penny).
This is to make sure the system doesn't go over 25,000 points, capping it to $250 total per person.
If the return is less than $20, such as the $10 cost at Planet Fitness, it will be a 1,000 point addition and subtraction.
Features on HealthyBlue:
- Mobile application for your iPhone or Android smart phone
- "Community" function where you can find a diet buddy or talk to a dietitian or trainer
- Online wellness workshops
- Customized challenges
- Exercise, food and weight trackers
- Basic medical screenings like blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar
- Articles to help you live a healthier life
- Easy-to-use fruit and vegetable tracker
- Water tracker
- Meal planner
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I need to do the first time I visit HealthyBlue?
You will need to register on HealthyBlue the first time you visit the site. You will also need to complete your annual health assessment.
Can I earn and redeem points on HealthyBlue?
HealthyBlue gives you the opportunity to earn points by performing various tasks on the site. You can redeem points annually for merchandise and gift cards. Between HealthyBlue and the Health Club Credit program (any combination of the two); the annual maximum amount you can earn remains $250 per employee. A spouse can also earn up $250 between the two programs.
Where can I learn how to earn and redeem points on HealthyBlue?
Go to HealthyBlue and click on "How to Earn Points" to learn more about the HealthyBlue points structure. Click on "Redeem" in the HealthyBlue Rewards Tracker to redeem points for merchandise and gift cards.
I see that I can earn points for participating in a HealthyBlue workshop. How many workshops can I do?
You can only participate in one workshop at a time. However, you can move onto the next workshop you have designated in your queue at any time. Keep in mind that you will only receive points for workshops completed.Y
Is there a limit to the number of trackers/logs you can utilize on the HealthyBlue site at a time?
How far can you backdate your trackers/logs?
You can go back 14 days. The site will allow you to backtrack further; however, you will not receive points for things entered that are more than 14 days old.
What Browsers are supported by HealthyBlue?
All the major browsers that have Flash are supported by the portal (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Opera).
Is there a weekly point maximum?
Click on the "How to Earn Points" tab on the homepage/dashboard of HealthBlue.
If you have questions about this program or the Health Club Credit Program, contact Stacy Duncan, NDPERS Wellness Consultant at BCBSND, 701-277-2884 or firstname.lastname@example.org.