- What is Honors?
- First Year Courses
- Application Form
- Apply ONLINE NOW
- Honors Program Goals
- What is HPSO?
The Honors Committee, which consists of eight faculty members and seven students, sets policy for the Honors Program, accepts students for full membership in the Program, approves candidates for graduation, decides on courses, and generally oversees our doings. Five of the student seats are elected positions, one of which is reserved for a first-year student. Serving on the Committee is a great way to help shape the Program and to get to know Honors faculty and students.
Elections for the student seats are run by the Honors Program Student Organization and are held each year in March. If you are interested in running for a seat on the Honors Committee, contact Dr. Sally Pyle, Program Director. Even if you are not on the committee, feel free to talk with Committee members about your concerns or ideas for the Honors Program and attend the Honors Committee Meetings as an interested observer.
2011-2012 Honors Committee
- Carl Barrentine, Integrated Studies
- Jodi Holen, Teaching & Learning
- Sonya Hung, Education Foundation & Research
- Vikki McCleary, Family & Community Medicine
- Jim Mochoruk, History
- Kim Porter, History
- Kathy Sukalski, Biochemistry
- Elizabeth Tyree, Nursing
- Joe Vacek, Aviation
- Julia Amundson, Student
- Michelle Bonapace-Potvin, Student
- Connor Burgad, Student
- Jonathan Preszler, Student
- Lucas Skjaret, Student
- Sally Pyle, Honors Program - Director
- Robin David, Honors Program - Associate Director
- Brian Schill, Honors Program - Undergraduate Research Coordinator
- KM (Kay) Powell, Honors Program - Student Life Coordinator