Exceptional UND Insignia
Exceptional UND Insignia
The think EXCEPTIONAL discover UND insignia is approved by President Kelley for use on UND marketing materials.
The Exceptional UND insignia has three main benefits:
- It incorporates a strong call to action as well as UND's brand name into the tagline.
- It reinforces UND as a research institution and each student's journey of "self-discovery."
- It offers flexibility and easy implementation.
Insignia Use Parameters
- Helvetica font must be used.
- "Think" and "discover" must be written in all lowercase letters, not bolded. "Exceptional" and "UND" must be written in all caps and bolded.
- A combination of white, black or PMS 347 green colors can be used, so long as "Exceptional" and "UND" match, and "think" and "discover" match.
- Text must be right aligned and stacked with the leading (line spacing) close enough to visually pull together the words "Exceptional UND."
- The UND or unit logo must be used in conjunction with the Exceptional UND insignia for external communications. The insignia does not replace or modify the UND or unit logo.
- For internal communications, it is recommended that a unit logo is used in conjunction with the insignia, but it is not required.
Icon Use Parameters
- No substitutions of icon graphics or colors are allowed.
- Icons must be aligned horizontally in order (experience, gather, collaborate, expand, enhance) when used with the insignia.
- Icons should not be cropped or altered in any way.
- Icons should be used for internal communications to reinforce Exceptional UND strategic priorities, except when space is limited.
- Icons should not be used with the insignia for external communication, unless there is space for explanation. With external communications, the meaning of the icons must be explained. For example, if the icon insignia is used in the viewbook, the icons should be incorporated throughout the viewbook as visual cues for examples of student experience, gathering, expanding, etc.
- Icons may be used individually to highlight specific Exceptional UND priorities.
Use of Exceptional UND in Text
- When exceptional is written on its own without the UND, do not capitalize the word, e.g., from great to exceptional.
- When Exceptional UND is written in sentence format, only the E is capitalized. Do not write exceptional in all CAPS, unless it is used for emphasis or effect.
The original coloring for the Exceptional UND Insignia is always preferred.
If the original coloring of Variation A does not work or is not available, designers may choose variation B, C or D.
Where appropriate and with prior approval, a single action verb may replace the word "discover." Any variation of the think EXCEPTIONAL discover UND insignia must be approved. To request approval, email identity@UND.edu.
The following action verbs are pre-approved: