Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
How do I purchase a UND trademarked item?
- Find a licensed vendor for the product you desire. Find a list of preferred licensed vendors.
- If the total order of items will exceed $10,000, you are required to contact Procurement & Payment Services to obtain competitive pricing.
- Once you have selected a vendor, work with them the design. The vendor submits the design for review using Trademarx Online. The UND Licensing Office reviews and approves the design. The vendor then notifies the department/organization of the design approval.
- For questions about logo usage guidelines, contact UND.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about licensing, contact the UND Licensing Office.
Where do I find the logos/trademarks?
The logo standard guide can be found on the UND Identity Guidelines .
Does printing (paper products) need to go through licensing approval?
No. All printed items must comply with the style and standards guide available at the UND Identity website . However, all printing jobs done off campus need to be routed through the UND Purchasing Office for competitive pricing.
Non-paper products (such as vinyl, banners, backdrops) require the use of a licensed vendor.
How do I check if my vendor is licensed?
- A complete list of licenced vendors can be found here.
- If you don't see a vendor on this list, contact the UND Licensing Office.
My vendor isn't licensed. Now what?
If you are set on using a specific vendor and they are not yet licensed, they may be willing to become licensed in order to continue doing business with us. Please contact UND Procurement & Payment Services to discuss this possibility or to find another vendor.
What is the turnaround time on trademarked item orders?
This is completely up to the vendor. When working with a vendor, be sure to provide your timeline, budget and other information to make sure they can best serve you. If you are having issues with turnaround time from a vendor, please notify the UND Licensing Office .
Why is there a 10% royalty added to my internal order?
As of October 1, 2017, the University responded to licensing industry standards by extending the existing 10% royalty rate to internal orders.
This royalty rate is waived for University required uniforms only. To obtain a Royalty Exemption Request Form, contact email@example.com.