Exceptional UND Insignia
Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
How do I purchase a UND trademarked item?
- Find a licensed vendor for the product you desire. Many local businesses are licensed, or find a vendor via lrgusa.com.
- Fill out a Trademarks Use Request Form (TURF).
- Once your form is approved and returned to you, you can place the order.
- If you fill out the Purchase Requisition for Trademarked Items, the purchase order (PO) will be created as soon as your vendor submits artwork for approval. Use your PO to place your order.
- For questions about licensing, contact the UND Licensing Office, David at 701.777.2237 or david.primus@athletics.UND.edu.
Where do I find the logos/trademarks?
The logo standard guide can be found on the UND Identity Guidelines.
Does printing (paper products) need to go through licensing approval?
No. All printed items must comply with the style and standards guide available at the UND Identity website. However, all printing jobs done off campus need to be routed through the UND Purchasing Office for competitive pricing.
How do I check if my vendor is licensed?
- Visit Licensing Resource Group.
- Click on 'Licensing'
- Click 'Licensee and Products List' on the right-hand side
- Search 'North Dakota' in the search box
- Click 'View' next to the University of North Dakota to see the list of licensed vendors.
- Once the window opens, search by product to find licensed vendors who produce what you're looking for, or search by vendor name if you already have one chosen.
My vendor isn't licensed. Now what?
If you are set on using a specific vendor and they are not yet licensed, they may be willing to become licensed in order to continue doing business with us. Please contact the UND Licensing Office, David Primus at 701.777.2237 or david.primus@athletics.UND.edu to discuss this possibility or to find another vendor.
What is the turnaround time on trademarked item orders?
Trademarks Use Request Forms (TURF) are returned immediately if approved. However, if your vendor is unlicensed, there will be substantial delay. Artwork approval takes only as long as your vendor requires to design and upload your artwork. Turnaround time is the same as for purchases of non-trademarked items.