Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
How do I purchase a UND trademarked item?
- Find a licensed vendor for the product you desire. Find a list of preferred licensed vendors.
- If the total order of items will exceed $10,000, you are required to contact Procurement & Payment Services to obtain competitive pricing.
- Once you have selected a vendor, work with them the design. The vendor submits the design for review using Trademarx Online. The UND Licensing Office reviews and approves the design. The vendor then notifies the department/organization of the design approval.
- For questions about logo usage guidelines, contact UND.email@example.com
- For questions about licensing, contact the UND Licensing Office.
Where do I find the logos/trademarks?
The logo standard guide can be found on the UND Identity Guidelines.
Does printing (paper products) need to go through licensing approval?
No. All printed items must comply with the style and standards guide available at the UND Identity website. However, all printing jobs done off campus need to be routed through the UND Purchasing Office for competitive pricing.
Non-paper products (such as vinyl, banners, backdrops) require the use of a licensed vendor.
How do I check if my vendor is licensed?
- A complete list of licenced vendors can be found here.
- If you don't see a vendor on this list, contact the UND Licensing Office.
My vendor isn't licensed. Now what?
If you are set on using a specific vendor and they are not yet licensed, they may be willing to become licensed in order to continue doing business with us. Please contact UND Procurement & Payment Services to discuss this possibility or to find another vendor.
What is the turnaround time on trademarked item orders?
This is completely up to the vendor. When working with a vendor, be sure to provide your timeline, budget and other information to make sure they can best serve you. If you are having issues with turnaround time from a vendor, please notify the UND Licensing Office .