All UND entities, including departments, administrative areas and organizations, have responsibilities and obligations established in connection with the licensing and use of the University's name and trademarks. Only manufacturers licensed by UND to reproduce its trademarked and copyrighted marks may do so. These legal regulations apply to UND entities such as departments, administrative areas, and organizations as well as non-UND users. UND will deny any payments to non-licensed vendors unless pre-approved by UND Licensing.
According to the established visual and editorial guidelines, those within the University may use North Dakota names and trademarks for purposes of recruitment, development or general promotion of the institution or a group organization.
UND merchandise or specialty product items (e.g., pens, t-shirts, baseball caps, etc.):
- Must be produced by an approved licensed logo vendor.
- Require the use of a Registered Trademark® logo.
- Design and use must be approved by the UND Licensing Office.
- Must follow UND Procurement & Payment Services policy on items over $10,000.
- Reproduction of University trademarks incurs 10% royalties; as of October 1, 2017 this royalty extends to internal use as well as commercial use.
To become a licensed logo vendor, vendors need to contact Learfield Licensing Partners at LearfieldLicensing.com.
Please refer to the Licensing Frequently Asked Questions for more information.