Exceptional UND Insignia
Social Media Policy
In order to promote University of North Dakota through social media, the following policy will be observed:
- The UND Web Team must be given administrative access to your social media account in order to provide technical support and safeguard access to the account in the event of lost passwords or similar events.
- The UND Web Team will never post to your social media account, except in the case of emergency safety information.
- Your account's affiliation with UND must be clearly indicated. Use "UND" rather than spelling out the name.
- Your account must use the UND flame logo (UND Athletic accounts excluded). Template downloads of correctly sized file are available to UND Design Group members on the Sharepoint site or view the Social Media Toolkit for some options to download and use immediately.
- You must post regularly. Dead accounts will be deleted.
- Although the UND Web Team will not police your social media account, you're expected to refrain from disparaging, harassing or disrespectful comments. Keep it polite.
- In the event of technical difficulty, the UND Web Team will do their best to assist you. Email identity@UND.edu with any questions, or to register a new account.
UND Administrative Access: Why This Helps You
Granting UND administrative access to your social media accounts is purely a cautionary measure designed to add an extra layer of security for you as administrators, and to ensure continuity for your unit. Think of it as giving a spare house key to a family member in case of emergency.
Giving UND administrative access helps you to:
- Post articles when your administrator goes on vacation
- Recover your account in case of a forgotten password
- Restore access if an administrator leaves UND and forgets to pass along the login
- Lock down the account if an administrator's account is hacked
- Get technical assistance with your account
UND will not post anything to your social media account without your permission, with one exception: In the event of a crisis (such as a natural disaster or a campus security issue), UND reserves the right to disseminate warnings and safety information through every channel at its disposal.
Social Media Best Practices
These industry standards and practices will help you do the best job in managing and maintaining your social media accounts.
In General ...
- Think before you post. The Internet is forever.
- Write in a friendly tone; social media is not a press release.
- Go for quality over quantity.
- Consider using HootSuite or a similar service to manage multiple accounts.
Know the hot button issues for both your unit and for UND. Know who is tapped to offer official comments on those issues and be sure to clear statements you may want to make through them.
When in doubt:
- For your department or unit, contact the head of the unit or your dean’s office.
- For college or school questions, contact your respective communications department/person or your dean’s office.
- For general UND issues, contact Peter Johnson, Division of University & Public Affairs at 701.777.4317.
There are special rules from the NCAA concerning UND athletes and especially prospective athletes. With regards to any use of UND athletes, names and likeness, please first check with UND’s NCAA compliance officer: Kara Helmig, Assistant Athletic Director, Compliance, 701.777.5585.
Try for at least
4 posts per week.
Pick Your Name Carefully
Use "UND" instead of "University of North Dakota" as part of your name. Make sure to pay attention to the naming of your page or group — names for pages cannot be changed easily once you reach more than 200 likes.
Register Your Page
For any new Facebook Fan Pages or Groups needed for official UND purposes, submit a request to identity@UND.edu . Don’t forget to add the UND Web Team as an administrator on your page by sending an administrator invitation to identity@UND.edu .
Add a “Favorites” section to your Fan Page that links to all other Official UND Fan Pages. This creates a surfable network for anyone looking at any UND Fan Page. This section also can contain favorites which are not related to UND.
Post a comments policy for your Fan Page. This can be done by adding a Static FBML tab. See UND’s Facebook Comments Policy for an example to copy and edit as needed. Need help? Contact us at identity@UND.edu .
Profile & Cover Images
Avatars (aka profile pictures) should be 180 pixels square with a title-safe area of 160 pixels square. Please include the UND flame logo in your Fan Page’s profile.
Cover images do not need to include the UND flame logo. If you are using text as part of your cover image, please take into consideration that portions of your image will be covered by the profile image, the page name, and the buttons used to like the page, message the page, etc.
Try for at least
7 tweets per week.
Register Your UND Twitter Account
Don’t forget to share the login and password for your official UND Twitter account with the UND Web Team.
Choosing a Handle
Keep it short, unique and meaningful. The number of characters in your handle counts against the 140 character limit per tweet.
If you have a personal Twitter account that you use mainly as a UND persona, include “UND” in your Twitter handle. In this case, it is important to clearly disclose your relationship to UND in your bio.
Bios should reflect what people can expect from the account. If the account is used as more of a broadcast tool than a conversation tool, you should provide an alternate contact handle. For example:
From @myUND’s Twitter page
Updates & conversation about the University of North Dakota. For all the news, try @UNDnews. Behind the tweets: @hbushaw & @peterBjohnson
From the @UNDnews Twitter page
Press releases & news from the University of North Dakota. If you need to contact UND, please see our @myUND Twitter account.
Profile images must be 400×400 pixels in size. Please include the UND flame logo in your design.
Header images should be 15900×500 pixels. If you would like some easy ideas on color combinations for your profile theme, check out Colourlovers.
Keep your tweets short and whenever possible add a photo. Tweets with photos are showed to have double to triple the engagement rate over tweets that are text only.
Proofread your tweet before sending, even if you are retweeting.
Tips for Shortening Tweets
- Use “&” instead of “and.”
- Condense dates and times and drop any punctuation not needed for context/understanding: “February 9th” becomes “Feb 9”
- Reword with shorter words or abbreviations. Can you drop some text and link out for the details?
- Use Twitter handles to reference other entities. For example, “UND School of Law” would be “@UNDlawschool.” This also adds value to your tweet by giving exposure to the Law School’s Twitter handle and shows up in the Law School’s Twitter account as a mention.
- Use commonly understood, shorter names rather than the full formal name if no Twitter handle is available. For example, use “UND Med School” instead of “UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences.”
- Use a URL shortener for links.
If you have your own channel,
try for at least
3 videos per month.
Keep it short! People lose focus fast. Stick to videos of two minutes or less, unless you are posting some kind of instructional video.
Make sure you have good sound and good lighting. Avoid "talking heads" where the entire video consists of one person speaking to the camera.
Avatars should be 88×88 pixels. Please include the UND Flame Logo when appropriate. A good example of this execution is UND Health & Wellness.
If your unit has a standalone brand image, this can be used instead.
Page titles should start with the main brand acronym, UND. Again, a good example is "UND Health & Wellness".
Try for at least
2 posts per week.
Use WordPress for your platform. Set up a new WordPress blog or request access to a blog by submitting a support ticket through UND Web Support.