Monday Evening Sitting Group book selection
- Bringing Home the Dharma: Awakening Right Where You Are by Jack Kornfield
Previous book talk titles:
- The Kosambi Intrigue; A Tale in the Time of the Buddha by Susan Stone.
- Transformation & Healing: The Sutra on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears by Pema Chodron
- A Path With Heart by Jack Kornfield
Print & Audiovisual Resources
Many of the books were purchased and donated to the Chester Fritz Library by Lotus Meditation Center founder Tamar Read (Professor Emerita, UND Music). The Monday night sitting group has had book discussions on many of these titles.
Access the UND Chester Fritz Library Catalog for titles. Members of the public, 18 years of age and older, can purchase a Chester Fritz Library card by presenting 2 forms of ID, and paying a $10 annual fee to the library. Call 701.777.4644 for more information.
- dharmaseed.org offers an inclusive listing of talks given at retreat centers such as Insight Meditation Society and Spirit Rock Meditation Center, listed by teacher names.
- The Insight Meditation Center offers resources for beginner to experienced students. Dharma talks are available for free download which are sometimes incorporated into the Monday evening sitting group discussions. An excellent starting place is Gil Fronsdal's Vipassana teachings.
Area Meditation Centers
- Madison Insight Meditation Group, Madison, WI
- Spirit Room, Fargo ND
- Winnipeg Insight Meditation Group, Winnipeg, MB