- Global Visions Film Series
- NDUS Diversity Council Conference
- Black History Month
- American Indian Heritage Month
- Asian Heritage Month
- International Nights
- Feast of Nations
- American Indian Student Services
- Disability Services for Students
- International Programs and Centre
- Multicultural Student Services
- Women's Center
- Affirmative Action Office (AAO)
Diversity Advisory Council
The Diversity Advisory Council's mission is to advise and make recommendations to the President to broaden, deepen, and invigorating UND's commitment to a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive campus community in keeping with the University's mission.
President Kelley created the Council in 2011 upon the recommendation of the Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Affairs following a recommendation by the previous Diversity Advisory Subcommittee of the Council on Campus Climate. The Council replaced that Subcommittee and reports directly to the President.
The Council's co-chairs for 2011-2012 are Cara Halgren, Associate Vice President for Student Services & Dean of Students, and Steve Light, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. Administrative support is being provided by Vicki Morrissette of the Dean of Students' Office.
During its inaugural year, the President has asked the Council to (1) create a solid foundation for the work of the Council by gaining familiarity with existing information about diversity policies, programs, and practices; (2) review the charge and recent work of the Diversity Advisory Subcommittee and draft a mission statement for the Diversity Advisory Council; and (3) develop an initial agenda and operating procedures for the Council.
The Council is comprised of 15 members:
• 3 students nominated by the Student Government President
• 3 faculty members nominated by the University Senate President
• 3 staff members nominated by the Staff Senate President
• 3 undesignated members nominated by the Vice President for Student Affairs
• 3 undesignated members nominated by the Vice President for Academic Affairs
The President appointed the Council's inaugural members following a thorough and inclusive nomination and appointment process. Council members include students, staff, and faculty from across the UND community:
• Thomas Brockling, Officer, University Police Department
• Jane Croeker, Director of Health/Wellness Promotion
• Jacqueline Gray, Assistant Professor, Center for Rural Health
• Janice Hoffarth, Administrative Assistant, Music
• Sagini Keengwe, Assistant Professor, Teaching & Learning
• Kaitlyn Kelly, student
• Jeffrey Langstraat, Assistant Professor, Sociology
• Linda Neuerburg, Assistant Director, American Indian Student Services
• C. Carolyn Ozaki, Assistant Professor, Teaching & Learning
• Josh Raynes, student
• Linda Skarsten, Office Manager, Multicultural Student Services
• Phoebe Stubblefield, Assistant Professor, Anthropology
• Tony Trimarco, Director, Memorial Union
• Madisson Whitmen, student
• Jo-Anne Yearwood, Program Director/Instructor, Teaching & Learning and University Children's Center
The Council is meeting biweekly throughout the academic year.