- All Diversity & Inclusion
- American Indian Student Services
- International Center
- Multicultural Programs & Services
- Women's Center
Diversity Advisory Council (DAC)
The University of North Dakota’s Diversity Advisory Council has been appointed and has begun meeting.
UND President Mark Kennedy has charged the Council to assist in providing recommendations for improving campus climate. Specifically, he charged the Council to focus on the following items:
- Complete inventories of existing diversity and inclusion practices with a specific focus essential studies that qualify under the diversity requirement.
- Identify best practices that enhance our understanding of diversity and inclusion in higher education
- Based upon our current programs/practices and best practices of other institutions, provide a list of recommendations for consideration for UND.
A report of the work is due to President Kennedy by Dec. 15. After December, the Council will focus on longer term strategic direction and goals.
Members of the Diversity Advisory Council include:
- Sabrina Balgamwalla, Assistant Professor of Law
- Stacey Borboa Peterson, Director of Multicultural Student Service
- Lee Edward Brockington, Student in School of Law and President of UND’s Black Law Student Association
- Samantha Chairez, Student in Biology Department and Treasurer of UND’s Organization of Latino Americans
- Connie Frazier, Executive Director of Housing/Dining
- Jonathan Holth, Owner of Toasted Frog restaurant
- Sara Kaiser, Coordinator of Student Organizations & Activities
- Krista Lynn Minnotte, Professor of Sociology
- Sandra Mitchell (Chair), Associate Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion
- Linda Neuerburg, Assistant Director of American Indian Student Services
- Carolyn “Casey” Ozaki, Associate Professor of Teaching & Learning
- Brian Urlacher, Associate Professor of Political Science & Public Administration
- Ryan Zerr, Director of Essential Studies and Professor of Mathematics
Curriculum - This group will provide an inventory of academic courses that are diversity focused, including those listed in Essential Studies. Members: Ryan Zerr, Stacey Borboa-Peterson
Co-Curricular - This group will provide an inventory of non-academic programs and services related to diversity. Members: Brian Urlacher, Connie Frazier, Sara Kaiser,
Best Practices - This group will examine best practices in a variety of areas from several different institutions. Members: Krista Lynn Minnotte, Linda Neuerburg, Johnathan Holth, Lee Edward Brockington, Sandra Mitchell.