- Enrich Student Experience
- Encourage Gathering
- Facilitate Collaboration
- Expand UND's Presence
- Enhance Quality of Life
Enhance Quality of Life
Several initiatives are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for faculty, staff and students as well as the members of the communities we serve.
Many staff-led training opportunities are managed through the Learning & Development program, which has been very successful in:
- Training faculty and staff on UND processes and policies.
- Providing professional development and personal enrichment programs.
Established in December 2010, the Diversity Advisory Council's mission is to:
- Champion diversity awareness, education, and practice as a continual process for all members of the UND community.
- Advocate for and advance diversity policies, practices, and procedures that are inclusive, clear, explicit, and implementable.
- Serve as a key resource for information, analysis, and strategies related to diversity and inclusion.
- Facilitate a climate where diversity is not an afterthought but a way of life.
The Chairs Leadership Cohort's programmatic mission is to:
- Support the continued success and professional development of departmental chairs by providing meaningful opportunities to foster a spirit of community and collaboration.
- Share information and expertise.
- Identify, explore, and develop best practices in academic leadership at the departmental level.
UND's national, award-winning Health and Wellness program explores the "Seven Dimensions of Wellness" to empower all members of the campus community to embrace healthy choices for their personal and professional success. For example, the Work Well program has assisted many faculty and staff in achieving a healthier lifestyle.