- Enrich Student Experience
- Encourage Gathering
- Facilitate Collaboration
- Expand UND's Presence
- Enhance Quality of Life
Expand UND's Presence
We are expanding the University's presence beyond the campus boundaries to promote cultural, economic, intellectual, and social vitality though various initiatives.
By applying the University's expertise in energy and petroleum engineering, the Department of Petroleum Engineering is helping to meet the rapidly expanding needs in North Dakota's western oil patch.
UND is using its art collections for education, research, and cultural enrichment. Some accomplishments to date include:
- the establishment of a gallery at the Empire Arts Center in downtown Grand Forks
- the publication of a national award-winning book, Storytelling Time
- the development of the Living Museum
The University offers professional development opportunities for PreK-12 teachers, and annually sponsors the UND Writers Conference, which has been described as one of the state's most important cultural events since its founding in 1970.
The current administration created the position of Vice President of University & Public Affairs to enhance communication, marketing, and government/community outreach and relations, and completed a successful hire in 2012. Under the new Vice President's leadership, staff are:
- implementing processes for collecting information from departments and various on- and off-campus constituents to improve communication throughout UND
- leveraging synergies to enhance UND's presence and reputation
- developing a more consistent identity plan for UND