- Biomedical Research, Center for
- Computational Research Center
- Grants & Contracts Administration
- Human Nutrition Research Center
- Institutional Review Board
- IP Commercialization & Economic Development
- Research Capacity Building, Office of / ND EPSCoR
- Research Development & Compliance
- Animal Care and Use
- Associate Deans for Research
- Conflict of Interest
- Field Station
- Institutional Biosafety
- Institutional Review Board
- Intellectual Property
- Radiation Safety and Hazardous Materials
- Senate Scholarly Activities
- UAS Research Compliance
Founders Day Research Awards
Fellows of the University Award for Departmental Excellence in Research
Nominations for the Fellows of the University Award for Departmental Excellence in Research, recognizing research, scholarly, and creative productivity, are due at Research Development and Compliance (RD&C) Friday, January 4, 2013. The winning department will receive a $2,000 award and a plaque at the Founders Day Banquet Thursday, February 28, 2013.
Nominations should include information that will allow the selection committee to judge the quantity and quality of the research, scholarly, and creative activities of the department. At a minimum, such nominations should include:
- A listing of published research or other creative or scholarly activities during the period 2007-2012.
- Additional information for those years, such as a brief synopsis of ongoing research activities, the number and type of active sponsored projects, dissertations or other research papers presented by students, performances or scholarly presentations by faculty, etc., should be included if they contribute to the overall picture of a department's research, scholarly, and creative activities.
- A statement of support from the dean is required.
- To expedite the review process, an original of the nomination and supporting documentation must be submitted to the RD&C office, Twamley Hall, Room 105, and also emailed as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The awardee will be selected by the Outstanding Research Awards Committee which includes the Associate Vice President for Research (chair), the Chair of the Senate Scholarly Activities Committee, one faculty member from the Senate Scholarly Activities Committee, three members of the Associate Deans for Research Committee, the Chair of the Faculty Seed Money Committee, and one member of the Faculty Research Seed Money Committee.
Since previous awardees are ineligible for nomination until five years have passed, the Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2012), Chemical Engineering (2011), Biology and Pharmacology, Physiology and Therapeutics (2010), Chemistry (2009), and Psychology (2008) may not be nominated this year.
If further information is desired, please contact Research Development and Compliance at 701.777.4278.