- Biomedical Research, Center for
- Computational Research Center
- Grants & Contracts Administration
- Human Nutrition Research Center
- Institutional Review Board
- IP Commercialization & Economic Development
- Research Capacity Building, Office for / ND EPSCoR
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Tech Accelerator (REAC)
- Animal Care and Use
- Conflict of Interest
- Field Station
- Institutional Biosafety
- Institutional Review Board
- Intellectual Property
- Radiation Safety and Hazardous Materials
- Senate Scholarly Activities
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
The UND Foundation/Thomas J. Clifford Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Research
Nominations are invited for The UND Foundation/Thomas J. Clifford Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Research. The winner of this award will receive a plaque and a check for $2,000 at the Founders Day Banquet on Thursday, February 23, 2017. Tenured faculty who have been at UND at least five years are eligible to receive this award.
The following information should be provided:
- A listing of publications of significant, original and high-quality research, scholarly, and creative contributions in nationally recognized professional journals that are refereed by peer reviewers and/or a listing of juried competitions and invited performances/exhibitions.
- Overall scholarly activities, such as service as a reviewer of research proposals for federal agencies or other funding sources, service as a referee or editor for professional journals, and contributions to training students in research, scholarly, and creative endeavors.
- Potential for significant contributions to enhancing the effectiveness of the subject matter taught in the classroom.
- A letter of support from the department chair, if the nominee is a faculty member, or from the dean, if the nominee is the chair of the department.
Faculty, staff and students may make nominations, and faculty are invited to nominate themselves. Since the committee will not engage in the gathering of documentation, each nomination or application must be accompanied by thorough evidence of the nominee's qualifications for the award. Nominations are due no later than THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2017. The nomination and supporting documentation must be submitted electronically as a SINGLE PDF file to vpr@research.UND.edu.
The awardee will be selected by the Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development (chair) and selected others.
Since previous awardees are ineligible for nomination until five years have passed, Michelle Sauer and Brij Singh (2016), Jonathan Geiger (2015), Alena Kubatova and Jefferson Vaughan (2014), Mark Hoffmann and Holly Brown-Borg (2013), and Sandra Short (2012) may not be nominated this year.
If further information is desired, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development at 777-6736.