- Biomedical Research, Center for
- Computational Research Center
- Grants & Contracts Administration
- Human Nutrition Research Center
- Institutional Review Board
- IP Commercialization & Economic Development
- Research Capacity Building, Office for / ND EPSCoR
- Research Development & Compliance
- Tech Accelerator (REAC)
- Animal Care and Use
- Associate Deans for Research
- Conflict of Interest
- Field Station
- Institutional Biosafety
- Institutional Review Board
- Intellectual Property
- Radiation Safety and Hazardous Materials
- Senate Scholarly Activities
- UAS Research Compliance
The UND Foundation/Thomas J. Clifford Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Research
Nominations are invited for The UND Foundation/Thomas J. Clifford Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Research. The winner of this award will receive a plaque and a check for $2,000 at the Founders Day Banquet. Tenured faculty who have been at UND at least five years are eligible to receive this award.
The following information should be provided:
- A listing of publications of significant, original and high-quality research, scholarly, and creative contributions in nationally recognized professional journals that are refereed by peer reviewers and/or a listing of juried competitions and invited performances/exhibitions.
- Overall scholarly activities, such as service as a reviewer of research proposals for federal agencies or other funding sources, service as a referee or editor for professional journals, and contributions to training students in research, scholarly, and creative endeavors.
- Potential for significant contributions to enhancing the effectiveness of the subject matter taught in the classroom.
- A letter of support from the department chair, if the nominee is a faculty member, or from the dean, if the nominee is the chair of the department.
Faculty, staff and students may make nominations, and faculty are invited to nominate themselves. Since the committee will not engage in the gathering of documentation, each nomination or application must be accompanied by thorough evidence of the nominee's qualifications for the award. Nominations are due no later than TBD. An original of the nomination and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Research Development & Compliance (RD&C) office, Twamley Hall/Room 105, and also emailed as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
The awardee will be selected by the Outstanding Research Awards Committee, which includes the Associate Vice President for Research (chair), the chair and one member from the Senate Scholarly Activities Committee, three members of the Associate Deans for Research Committee, and one member of the Faculty Seed Money Committee.
Since previous awardees are ineligible for nomination until five years have passed, Alena Kubatova and Jefferson Vaughan (2014), Mark Hoffmann and Holly Brown-Borg (2013), Sandra Short (2012), Sandra Donaldson (2011), and Vasyl Tkach (2010) may not be nominated this year.
If further information is desired, please contact the Research Development and Compliance office at 701.777.4278 or julie.solheim@research.UND.edu.