- Submittal Process
- Budget Preparation
- Facts for Submission-ID Numbers
- Writing Assistance
- Training Opportunities
- Transmittal Form
- Funding Opportunities
- Faculty Seed Money
- University Support
- Collaborative Seed Money
- Faculty Travel Funds
- Student Travel Funds
Research Development & Compliance
Twamley Hall Room 105
264 Centennial Drive
Policy on Faculty Travel Funds Administrated by the Division of Research
The Division of Research & Economic Development is firmly committed to supporting travel requests from eligible faculty and asks that all requests be submitted to Research Development & Compliance (RD&C).
- In general, an eligible faculty member must be actively presenting his/her creative activity at a professional meeting and have met other requirements of the Division of Research.
- It is expected that faculty first apply for funds from their own departments, schools or colleges, and the Senate Scholarly Activities Committee (SSAC). Travel funds from the Division of Research are primarily used for special circumstances.
- The Division of Research, including RD&C, the Vice President’s office, and North Dakota EPSCoR, will only make one award per eligible faculty member per year which usually is intended to cover the cost of air fare. It is only under very exceptional circumstances that the Division may make a larger award.
- All faculty receiving awards from the Division of Research are required to submit at least one external grant proposal during the year following the award.
- The RD&C will not provide funding for travel for which an individual has already received an award from the Senate Scholarly Activities Committee. However, if funds are available funding may be provided for another trip.