Top 10 Tips for Success Advising & Planning Tutoring Study Skills Success Courses Contact Us
Top 10 Tips or Academic Success at UND
- Get to know your instructors. The more comfortable you are approaching your instructors, the easier it will be to ask questions.
- Meet with your academic advisor. All students have an academic advisor who is available to talk about a variety of issues.
- Use UND tutoring services. Use the Drop-In Tutoring Center or other UND tutoring services. We also recommend trying an online tutor called Smarthinking (available through Blackboard on the Services tab).
- Get help with study skills. Call 701.777.2117 to make an appointment with a Learning Specialist. Together, you'll discuss your individual needs for academic assistance.
- Complete UND's online study skills tutorial. You can access tutorials on several topics through Blackboard.
- Use campus resources. Many places on campus will help you. There are general academic support services, and colleges and schools offer specific help for your major.
- Hire a tutor. Ask a member of your department to see if they know of a tutor who might be for hire. If you would like to hire your own tutor, ask if you can hang a sign in the department advertising for a tutor.
- Use Read&Write. Read&Write is free software that improves and supports students with reading, writing, studying, and research.
- Take a success course. These courses are designed for first-year students and will help you get off on the right foot.
- Make a plan. Do the math. You'll need to take 15 credits per semester to graduate in four years. Take the time to make a plan and stick to it!