Division of Student Affairs Emergency Management
Care Team Model
The Care Team Model integrates student development and learning centered theories to enhance the capabilities for student success. The model includes campus, city and private agencies with the following objectives:
- Increase communications
- Provide an assessment strategy for persons in distress
- Deliver services
- Reduce barriers to students' completion of academic work
- Access services for and to students
Who is on the Care Team?
Staff from Student Services, Residence Services, University Police, academic Colleges, and other partners - on and off-campus - work together to promote a safe, supportive environment.
What Processes do the Care Team Members use?
There are four basic elements involved in the Care Team Model.
- INTERVENTION, usually a physical presence designed to prevent an action or to maintain or alter a condition.
- Physical or emotional SUPPORT of a person in distress.
- ASSESSMENT of a situation or employing the use of colleagues and providers able to render an assessment of the situation.
- Developing a plan of ACTION or follow-up.
Things you can do to Help
- Contact someone when you are worried about a UND Student
- Update your own contact information in CampusConnection or encourage your student to do so. This enables a University staff member to reach a family member if needed.