"There are so many things I learned this semester. I learned how to be successful, both in and out of the classroom. That's important."
–UNIV 101 Student
Talk to your academic advisor about enrolling in a Success Course!
- Create a successful first-year experience
- Enhance your academic readiness
- Support your college transition
- Learn how to engage in academics and the co-curricular at UND
Note: Success Courses do not count toward Essential Studies requirements.
UNIV 101- Intro to University Life (2 Credits)
Designed to promote the personal and academic success of first-year students. Topics covered include study skills, time and stress management, campus resources, involvement, health and wellness, communication, understanding diversity, critical thinking, and building relationships with faculty members.
- Learn from an aviation instructor.
- Begin interacting with faculty and staff in the School of Aerospace Sciences.
- Meet fellow aviation majors.
- Learn about support services for aviation students (aviation financial aid, tutoring, etc.).
- Get to know your instructor - who will also be your academic advisor in the College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines.
- Begin interacting with nursing faculty and staff.
- Meet and interact with fellow pre-nursing majors.
- Identify areas of support for pre-nursing students.
- Develop a better understanding of careers associated with nursing degree.
- Get to know your instructor - who will also be your academic advisor.
- Participate in major and career-related exploration through assessments and follow-up.
- Visit with faculty from a variety of departments at UND to help assist in major exploration.
- Experience a supportive environment to assist in the major declaration process.