Career Fairs – Employer Information
The Career & Internship Fairs are hosted by the University of North Dakota each year in the fall and spring and attended by students from North Dakota, Minnesota, and UND alumni. The Career Fairs serve as an opportunity for employers to connect with potential employees to discuss career and internship-related opportunities. For additional details, please refer to our FAQ's below, or contact our Event Coordinator.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What is the registration fee and what does it include?
- $310 early-bird fee through December 15, 2017
- $410 normal fee through January 15, 2018
- $510 late fee (if space is available after January 15)
***Registration deadline is Friday, January 26, 2018
Registration fee includes:
- 8' x 8' booth space
- 6 foot table and 2 chairs
- Registration for up to 4 recruiters
- Free parking
- Wireless internet access
Payment can be made via credit card in Career Connect when you register, or checks can be made payable to "UND" and sent to:
UND Student Account Services
264 Centennial Drive, Stop 8373
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8373
Notification is appreciated as soon as possible so we may inform students. Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable per our cancellation policy.
How do I register?
Registration for the Spring 2018 Career & Internship Fair is now OPEN.
To register, visit our Career Connect system and login with your email address and password. If you have not registered in our system before, click where it states, “New User Click Here to Register.”
Once in the system:
- Run your mouse over "Career Events" in the blue bar across the top of the page
- Click on "Search Career Services Events”
- Click on the “Search” button (once) and the titles of our events should appear
- Clicking on the title of the event will give you specific information about it
- Clicking on the word 'register' (on the right) will take you to the registration form
How many companies attend UND's Career Fairs?
In Fall 2017:
- 85 companies attended the Computer Science, Engineering & Technology Fair
- 75 companies attended the Business, Aviation & Liberal Arts Fair
- 28 companies attended the Accounting Fair
A list of the companies that attended the Career Fairs in 2017 can be found here.
For a complete list of the companies attending in Spring 2018, please visit Career Connect.
What majors and minors are offered at UND?
A full list of the majors and minors offered at UND can be found on our website by following this link: Majors & Minors
Where should I ship my display materials?
Attn: UND Career Fair
c/o Campus Postal Services
2891 2nd Avenue North MS 9014
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9014
*Please be sure to CLEARLY label the name of your company on your shipping materials so that we can easily deliver your package(s) to your booth prior to the start of the Career Fair.
Where can I stay in Grand Forks?
We suggest the following hotels:
- Hilton Garden Inn: 701.775.6000
- Country Inn & Suites: 701.757.2200
- Canad Inn: 701.772.8404
- Sleep Inn & Suites: 701.757.2900
- Springhill Suites: 701.757.4150
- Staybridge Suites: 701.772.9000
More options: visitgrandforks.com
Where should I park and unload my display materials?
You may unload your vehicle and display materials at the loading dock of the UND Wellness Center (located on the northeast corner of the building). If attending the Accounting Fair, please unload in the back (rear) entrance of the Memorial Union. Staff members will be available to assist you.
Free parking will be available to you in the Betty Sioux and Wellness Center parking lots. If attending the Accounting Career Fair, please park in the parking ramp at the intersection of 2nd Ave N. and Columbia Road.
How many students attend the Career Fairs?
In Fall 2017:
- 445 students attended the Computer Science, Engineering & Technology Fair
- 507 students attended the Business, Aviation & Liberal Arts Fair
- 144 students attended the Accounting Fair
Can I set up interviews before the Career Fair?
Contact our Internship Coordinator. Rooms go quickly for the day after the fair, so please call as soon as possible to reserve your space.
If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact our Coordinator of Orientation & Outreach.
What are some options for me if I want to come to your campus to meet students?
You can request an information session through Career Connect. These can be held any time of the week, however Monday – Thursday, at 5:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. are the best times. You supply the date you want to host an event, and our office will make arrangements to include a room either at the Memorial Union or within a specific college.
We will also make arrangements for a projector, screen, podium, speakers, etc., if you'd like to show a PowerPoint or web presentation. In addition, offering food such as pizza and cookies, entices students to attend. We can help with ideas if you want to go in that direction. Our office will make a poster and send it to the departments of the majors you are interested in attracting. We will also send an email to students to notify them of the information session.
Contact our Internship Coordinator for assistance.
Table at the Memorial Union
This option is great if you want to reach out to students on a one-on-one basis. Tables are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The best times to staff the table would be from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., which is the peak of activity in the Union.
Please contact Megan Wasylow, email@example.com or 701-777-6154, to learn about the availability of this opportunity.
Can I hold interviews on campus?
The Career Services office is just the place to hold interviews. We have eight interview rooms readily available, in addition to a waiting area for your interviewees. If more than eight rooms are needed, we will make arrangements to meet your needs.
You can schedule interviews by setting up the position available on Career Connect and selecting a schedule of half-hour, 45 minutes or one-hour interview times. Students that meet the requirements you have chosen will then be able to submit resumes; you will screen them and make your choices of who you'd like to interview. Additional openings on your schedule could be filled in as you meet and talk with students at an Information Session, Career Fair, or table at the Memorial Union as described above.
How do I post a position that we have available?
This can be done through our online Career Connect system.
How many students are graduating in a specific field?
Check out the Summary of Graduates by College
Who is invited to the Career Fair?
- UND undergraduate and graduate students in all fields of study
- UND alumni are invited and encouraged to attend the Career Fair
- Students of colleges/universities in North Dakota and Minnesota
A friendly reminder about our on-campus policies:
- The University of North Dakota is a tobacco-free campus. The use of tobacco is prohibited within university buildings, parking structures, walkways, arenas and on any university-owned property.
- UND also prohibits alcohol as well as firearms. These policies apply to all staff, faculty, residents, students as well as visitors.