Thursday: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Graduate School Prep
So you are contemplating pursing an advanced academic degree, how exciting! Below we have provided you with some resources that will help you move toward your dream career.
- Speak with your advisor regarding your long-term goals.
- Ask yourself if graduate school is necessary to achieve your desired job.
- Determine what you want in a program and research what schools you'd like to attend.
- Consider how you will finance your education.
- Resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts from all Institutions You've Attended
- Supplemental Materials
- Practice Interviewing
Graduate Admissions Tests
Study for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and other professional exams (e.g., GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, and OAT). Many of these assessments test for cumulative knowledge and are not tests that you can just study the night before. Be sure to give yourself ample time to study and take the test a second time if you did not get the scores you were hoping to receive.
Career Services can assist with any stage of this process, including discussing your educational goals, completing a practice interview, and looking over your application materials.