- Residence Hall Living
- First-year Requirement
- Apply for Fall 2015
- 2014-15 Rates/Contract
- 360 Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Be An RA
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Internet Service
- How to Pay Rent
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association of Residence Halls
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Apartment Groups
- Work for Housing
- Welcome Weekend Volunteers (HOT)
Apartment Move In
We're glad you've decided to join the University of North Dakota apartment community! Below you will find information to facilitate your move. If you need additional information, please contact us at 701-777-4208.
You will check-in to your apartment at the UND Apartment Community Center (ACC), 525 Stanford Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202. The ACC is attached to the UND Housing Office. Please use the south entrance and parking lot. Check-in hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please contact the UND Housing Office (777-4208) to reschedule a check-in time.
The leaseholder must be present during the check-in appointment. It is helpful if the roommates, spouses, and/or children who are old enough to get keys when locked out can be present as their signatures are required on cards authorizing them to check out pass keys.
You will not be expected to pay rent when you sign your lease at the check-in appointment. Your rent will be pro-rated for the month in which you sign your lease. Make your payments in person or by mail to Student Account Services.
All students are responsible for checking their accounts and updating their contact information. No rent/billing statements are sent through the mail to students. To update and check your information, go to UND Campus Connection. Billing statements are only mailed to non-student residents, such as a faculty, staff, or post doctoral research fellows.
Your mailing address should utilize the 58203 zip code.
If UND supplied, service will be on when you check-in. There will be no hook up fees and no extra arrangements necessary for service. Electrical charges will be billed to your UND account. Hamline Square residents should contact Excel Energy for electrical service.
Cable television is provided in all University housing units. Premium services are available for purchase from Midcontinent Communications. Call 1-800-888-1300 Press 5, then 1234.
Telephone service is not included in your rent. For most University Apartments, local telephone service is available from UND. If you have not received information regarding available services and charges, contact the UND Telecommunications Department at (701) 777-4112. Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, or see Telecommunications. Students may also contact a telephone provider within the community.
Internet service is provided in all university apartments by Midcontinent Communications through UND Housing. Basic cable service and MidcoNet Xstream are included with rent for all apartment residents. Additional upgrade services are available by contacting Midcontinent at 1-800-888-1300.
Tornado Watch means conditions are right for a tornado to form. Keep tuned to the radio for weather updates and keep a sharp outlook for funnel clouds. Tornado Warning means a tornado has been sighted. Direction and speed of the storm will be given. Go to shelter immediately if the storm is moving into your area.
- WHERE TO GO ON CAMPUS - You are safer indoors than out, except in a mobile home. Flying/falling debris is a major cause of death and injury during a tornado.
- IN UNIVERSITY APARTMENTS:A basement offers the best protection. When there is none, go to center hallways, bathrooms, or closets. Stay away from windows. Get under heavy furniture. Relocate to the residence hall(s) specified in the May, June, July, and August University Apartment Newsletter.
- IN MULTI-STORY: Move to basements, center areas-hallways, stairways, or tunnels. Avoid glass.
- IN GYM/SPORTS AREAS: If possible, leave any large open rooms and seek shelter in interior hallways, restrooms, offices, or other small rooms with short wall. If you must remain in a large room move to a corner, away from window, and crouch down and cover your head..
- IF OUTDOORS: Seek indoor shelter if time permits; if not, get into a ditch, ravine, or low-lying area. If in a vehicle, park it and get into a ditch or ravine. A vehicle offers no protection from a tornado.
- If you hear a siren, keep calm; it will not help to get excited. Seek shelter immediately and tune to radio-television for information. If you wish to relocate during a WATCH, Noren Hall is to be used for any/all residents.
Express Check-in saves you time!
Cut your on-site check-in appointment time in half by watching the apartment check-in video on our web site before you arrive on campus. Click here to watch the Check-In Video. You will need to complete the on-line form below the video, to confirm that you watched the video. Thank you.