- Explore Options
- Residence Life
- Dining Services
- About Us
- Self Service
Feel Right at HOME
When neighbors become friends, the memories you'll make are just the beginning.
Check out the Residence Halls
Living and Learning Communities
The Next Step → Apply
Residence Hall Application Process
Students must be admitted to UND before applying for housing.
First Year Live-On Requirement
All first-year students are required to live in a residence hall on campus for their first, full academic year or apply for an exemption.
First-year students are defined as undergraduate students who:
- Enroll full-time at UND within one year of their high school graduation or equivalent
- Have less than 24 transferable, post-secondary, semester credit hours. Transferable credits earned while still in high school (e.g. AP, dual credit) will not be counted toward the total.
New Student Housing Application Process
Before You Apply
- Log into your Housing Self Service.
- At the top of the Housing Self-Service page, select Application and Forms. In the drop down menu select the
correct application for the academic term you are applying. Example: Residence Hall Application (Fall 2017)
- You will be required to pay the $60 non-refundable application fee by E-check or credit card and electronically sign the 2017-2018 Residence Hall Room and Meal Plan Agreement.
- January 15, 2017 - Roommate selection available for students who have completed application.
- May 1, 2017 - Deadline to complete application and confirmation deposit in order to be included in first round of assignments.
- June 1, 2017 - Students receive room assignment.
- June 2017 - Dining Plan selection opens for those required to have a meal plan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
I am having trouble accessing Campus Connection because I forgot my login information or I have not claimed my account. Who can help?
When I try to apply for housing it tells me there are no applications available at this time. What does this mean?
The housing application is only available to students who have been admitted to UND. If you have questions regarding your admission status please contact one of the following:
Whenever I try to apply for housing I receive an error message, what can I try?
Sometimes errors can be caused by the browser type you are using. A first step is to clear your browser cache. Instructions to complete this can be found at Tech Support. A second step might be to try a different computer or different web browser. If you are still having trouble please contact the Housing Office at 701.777.4251 or housing@UND.edu.
Summer Housing Options 2017
Summer Student Housing
Housing and dining plans are available for students taking summer classes. Information is available at Summer Housing.
Camp and Conference Services
The Conference Planning staff is designed to assist you with planning camps, conferences, and meetings which need housing at the University of North Dakota. We have experience hosting international, national, and statewide organizations, athletic camps, academic groups, and cultural groups.
We can assist you with many services, including:
- Conference Planning
- On-campus lodging in various residence hall settings
- University Catering and dining center facilities
- Overnight and day-only events
To find out more about planning your event or to register your event visit Camp and Conference Planning.
Chris Dingle, Assistant Director - Apartment Communities
Short Term University Guest/Housing
Housing is available in Swanson Hall for individuals who are visiting UND or participating in a short term program at UND. To reserve a space or find out more information please visit Short Term Guest Housing.
Request for Disability Accommodation
UND provides reasonable accommodation to students with disabilities to improve access to housing on campus.
To complete your request for disability accommodation:
- Log into Housing Self-Service.
- At the top of the Housing Self-Service page, under Application and Forms in the drop down menu select the ‘Disability Accommodation Request'
- After completing request an email will be sent with a form to be completed by a medical professional. Return to Housing as indicated on the form to complete the disability accommodation request.
Students under 18 years of age must have authorization from a parent or legal guardian in order to accept the agreement online. If you are under 18 please complete the online agreement. You will be asked to provide the email address for your parent or legal guardian in the online agreement.
Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) will be contacted via email to provide the authorization necessary for you to accept the agreement. As a student under 18 you will not be eligible for a room assignment until parent or legal guardian authorization is verified. Please contact the Housing Office by email at housing@UND.edu or call 701.777.4251 with any questions.
Special Circumstance Request
UND Housing may or may not provide adjustments to housing policies due to special circumstances that do not rise to the level of disability but may cause daily discomfort.
To submit a special circumstances request:
Learn more about immunization requirements for residing in campus housing.
Roommate Matching Self-Service Process
Apartment Application Process
Prospective residents may apply for an apartment before they are eligible for the apartment they desire but must verify eligibility prior to moving in.
Apartment Application Process (including Hamline Square)
To be eligible for student apartments, the primary leaseholder must meet one of criteria A, B, C or D. Additional persons living in the apartment must be listed on the lease and are required to meet one of the criteria listed below. Written permission from the Housing Office must be secured before any other person is allowed to reside in the apartment.
A. UND Student - Any undergraduate or graduate student who has completed a minimum of 60 undergraduate credit hours or is 21 years of age or older, is eligible for Student Housing. The leaseholder must enroll in, maintain, and complete at least six (6) credit hours each semester until graduation or discontinued enrollment, but does not need to attend summer school if enrolled in at least six (6) hours for the following fall semester.
B. Post-Doctoral Research Fellows Housing - Post Doctoral Research Fellows are eligible for University housing for a maximum of two years. Written verification of the fellowship must be provided prior to assignment.
C. Certified Flight Instructors - Certified Flight Instructors may reside in student housing up to 18 months. Written verification of employment as a UND Flight Instructor must be provided prior to assignment.
D. Medical Residents - Medical Residents may reside in student housing during the length of their residency. Written verification from the UND Medical School of the residency must be provided prior to assignment.
Non-Student Household Members - Must meet one of the following. Verification of eligibility is required.
- Legally married partner/spouse.
- Verified domestic partner relationship.
- Child or dependent of the primary leaseholder or partner/spouse.
Apartment Assignment Process
All applicants are placed on a waiting list in the order the completed application and the $35 non-refundable (U.S. Funds) application fee are received.
- We start trying to match you to an apartment about 45 days prior to your requested move-in date.
- If one of your apartment choices matches an apartment that is available, you will receive an apartment assignment letter.
- If no match is found, then you are bypassed at this time (maintaining your original priority number on the waiting list) and the next applicant is considered for assignment.
- This process is followed until all available apartments have been assigned.
- You will remain on the waiting list until you receive an assignment or you cancel your application.
- Assignment letters are emailed to your UND email address and your preferred email address listed in Campus Connection. Please be sure to keep this information up to date.
You're In! Now What?
You've been assigned your room, chatted with your roommate, now what?
Select Your Meal Plan
Plan Your Move