- Residence Hall Living
- First-year Requirement
- 2016-17 Rates/Agreement
- 2015-16 Rates/Agreement
- Virtual Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- Move Out
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- RA Hiring
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Move In
- Move Out
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
Are you planning on moving out of your space on campus? Please follow these steps so that your check-out process goes as smoothly as possible. Residents wishing to move out should receive verification from the Housing Office if they are eligible to be released from their housing agreement before making other housing arrangements.
View the Survival Guide to Residence Hall Check out Email sent to all residents.
Get Your Room Ready
How to prepare your room for check-out:
- Empty room of all belongings.
- Remove trash to outside dumpster.
- Return safety railing, ladder, and Rental Fridges to Open Service Center (if applicable).
- Thoroughly clean room. Cleanliness is the absence of dirt, including dust, stains, bad smells, and garbage. For your room cleanliness upon checkout includes, but is not limited to:
- All room surfaces wiped down. Floor is swept and mopped (or vacuumed if applicable).
- Wardrobe, dresser, and desk are emptied and wiped down.
- Room door, ceilings, and walls are free of tacks, tape, adhesive strips, moon/stars/comets.
- Mattress is wiped down and bed is assembled correctly at correct height.
- Room window has the screen in place, is free of stickers, smudges, cobwebs, etc, and is closed and locked.
- All furniture is clean and in the condition that was noted upon check-in. Discrepancies may result in feed being assessed.
- Trash and recycling bins have been emptied and are clean inside.
Damage & Cleaning Charges
Common assessed fees are outlined below. These figures do not include the cost of labor to address these maintenance concerns.
Door & Keys
Lost Outside Entry Door Key $30.00
Lost Room or Suite Door Key $52.00
Peep Hole Replacement $18.00
Wall, Ceiling, Floor
12" x 12" Ceiling Tile Replacement $36.00 + min labor
24" x 24" Suspended Ceiling Tile Replacement $21.25 each
24" x 48" Suspended Ceiling Tile Replacement $19.10 each
24" x 60" Suspended Ceiling Tile Replacement $22.40 each
Patching and Painting of holes in wall up to 6” - $160.00
Patching and painiting of holes in wall 6”-12” - $210.00
Paint Room Ceiling $150.00
Paint 1 - Room wall $100.00
Paint 4 - Room walls $350.00
Remove nail holes from walls (time est.)$46.30/hr.
Floor Tile Replacement $17.50 min labor Plus $3.00 per tile
Drawer Repair $19.78
Desk Drawer Front Replacement $37.78
Desk (Walsh) replacement $487.60
Desk (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, and McVey) replacement $345.00
Desk (University Place) replacement $374.00
Desk Drawer Front Replacement (University Place) $64.29
Desk Chair Replacement $130.53
Desk Chair Replacement (University Place) $198.00
Reattach Wardrobes $54.11 ea.
Reattach Desks (if undamaged) $35.85 ea.
Swanson Wardrobe replacement $920.00 ea.
3 Drawer Chest Replacement (University Place) $313.00 ea.
Bed Frames $83.60
Bed Leg Coasters $10.75 ea.
Bed Post Caps $8.34 ea.
Mattress Replacement $96.14
Mattress Hole or Soiled (1 side) - Recover $48.07
Loft Kit (Bek & Squires) 2 ends and stabilizer $183.00 (+$50 shipping)
Loft Kit Bed Ends (Bek & Squires) 2 ends and spring $189.00 (+$50 shipping)
Bed Loft Replacement (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, McVey, Johnstone Fulton) $378.00
Bed Loft Replacement (University Place) $330.00
Wood Ends (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, McVey, Johnstone Fulton, University Place) $309.00
Springs (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, McVey, Johnstone Fulton, University Place) $207.00
Steel Channel (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, McVey, Johnstone Fulton, University Place) $16.00
Guard Rail $82.00
Window screen replacement $65.70
Replace Mini Blind $68.00
Replace two panels drapes (one window) $235.00
Clean Drapes - one window $55.83
Vertical Blinds - 1 vein $22.95
Upper Level Bedroom Blinds (University Place) $139.00
Upper Level Living Room Blinds (University Place) $164.00
Main Floor Bedrooms Blinds (University Place) $137.00
Main Floor Living room (University Place) $174.00
Vane Replacement (University Place) $18.90
Wand Replacement (University Place) $6.90
Questions & Answers
What if my roommate is staying in the room?
Complete the cleaning process for your side of the room. UND Housing Staff will still check though the items listed above.
Will I be charged a cancellation fee?
A cancellation fee is assessed if you will remain a student at UND. Please refer to the Residence Hall Room and Meal Plan License Agreement.
How do I get my mail after I checkout?
Be sure to fill out the forwarding address on your checkout paperwork, update your address in Campus Connection and contact individual businesses who frequently mail you items with your summer address.