- Residence Hall Living
- 360 Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Be An RA
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Internet Service
- How to Pay Rent
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association of Residence Halls
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Apartment Groups
- Work for Housing
- Welcome Weekend Volunteers (HOT)
Apply for Residence Hall Housing
UND offers two options for residence hall housing
- full academic year contract
- spring semester contract
The online application for Fall 2015 will be available soon. We are working to make the process easier and we appreciate your patience!
Students must be admitted to UND before completing the residence hall housing application. Once a student is admitted, they will receive the user ID necessary to log-in to Campus Connection (where the residence hall online housing application is located). See step-by-step instructions in the box below.
Non-Guarantee of Housing
Residence hall housing is not guaranteed. Residence hall housing is available to the extent the University has space.
Apply for residence hall housing in Campus Connection.
Fall 2015 Applicants
The online residence hall application is not available at this time. We appreciate your patience as we work to make the process easier for you!
Spring 2015 Applicants
- You can apply for housing in Campus Connection. Spring 2015 applicants must have been admitted to UND before applying for housing. After being admitted, you will receive an email from the North Dakota University System (NDUS) with a User ID (firstname.lastname).
Before you use the NDUS User ID that you receive, you must 'claim' your account. To find out if your NDUS User ID exists, or has been claimed, go to NDUS Claim Site and select 'Have I claimed my Account'. If your NDUS User ID hasn't been claimed, go to the NDUS Claim Site and select 'Claim my Account'. Once you have claimed your account, use this User ID to log-in to Campus Connection, where you will find the housing application.
- Have your top 3 hall requests ready before going to Campus Connection.
- Once in Campus Connection, go to: Self-Service/On-Campus Housing/University of North Dakota/Apply Online.
- Select the appropriate application from the drop down menu; it is called:
UND Residence Hall Spring 2015 Application Step 1
- You will be required to pay the $35 non-refundable application fee by E-check or credit card.
- Watch the video tutorial below for more information.
- You will receive an email confirmation from the Housing Office within 1 week after you have applied for housing. This email will inform you of the next steps in the housing assignment process.
Commit to housing by signing a Residence Hall Room & Meal Plan Contract
Spring 2015 Applicants:
- The 2014-15 Residence Hall Room and Meal Plan Contract is available to sign online in Campus Connection. When you log-in, be ready to pay the $250 first installment and E-Sign (electronically sign) the contract.
- You may view the 2014-15 Residence Hall Room and Meal Plan Contract before you E-Sign.
- Here are step-by-step instructions
- Go to Campus Connection
- Log-in with your User ID and password
- Click on Self-Service>On-Campus Housing>UND>Apply Online
- From the drop down menu, select UND Residence Hall Contract/Payment Step 2
- View the 2014-15 Room and Meal Plan Contract in pdf form and click "I agree" and "Next"
- You will be taken to TouchNet to pay the $250 first installment (E-check, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit cards are accepted). If you have problems with the payment section, make sure you are not trying to use a debit card or credit card with a limit lower than $250. Click "Continue" and the thank you page will appear.
- Complete this step ASAP. You will not receive a room assignment until you sign the contract.
Applicants under 18:
You need to be 18 years of age to sign a Room and Meal Plan contract. There is a system restriction that will not allow you to complete this this step online in Campus Connection/ApplyOnline if you are not 18. In order to complete this step, please print a paper copy of the Room and Meal Plan Contract and have a parent or legal guardian sign it. You may return the contract by scanning and emailing it to housing@UND.edu, fax it to 701.777.4298, or mail it to the UND Housing Office, 525 Stanford Road, Stop 9029, Grand Forks, ND 58202-9029.
Receive a Room Assignment
Spring 2015 Applicants:
- Room assignments are made in late-November.
- You must be admitted to UND before you will receive a residence hall room assignment.
- You are expected to be enrolled in classes prior to check-in.
Video Tutorial for Online Residence Hall Application
To apply for residence hall housing by paper process:
Print the Spring 2015 Application: 2014-15 Residence Hall Application
Send the completed application and the $35 residence hall application fee (non-refundable) to: UND Housing Office, 525 Stanford Road, Stop 9029, Grand Forks, ND 58202-9029. You may also fax to 701.777.4298. Make checks payable to UND; all checks must be drawn on a US-based bank account.
There are a very limited number of designed single rooms available for incoming first-year students. You must complete and return a separate application called the designed single room application.