- Residence Hall Living
- First-year Requirement
- Apply for Fall 2015
- 2014-15 Rates/Contract
- 360 Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Be An RA
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Internet Service
- How to Pay Rent
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association of Residence Halls
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Apartment Groups
- Work for Housing
- Welcome Weekend Volunteers (HOT)
Break housing is defined as the availability of a living location during break periods when the residence halls are not open. As per your housing contract, the residence halls close at 7:00 pm, on Friday, March 13, 2015 and open again on Sunday, March 22, 2015, at 9:00 am.
Living on campus during spring break is not included in the 2014-15 Room and Meal Plan Contract, therefore there is an additional fee ($28.55 per night includes 2 meals the next day) to stay in the residence halls during spring break.
- Brannon Hall residents are guaranteed to be able to stay in their own room but still need to pay and sign up in Campus Connection.
- It is anticipated that all other halls will be open for spring break housing and that residents will be able to stay in their own room.
Sign-up takes place February 2 - March 5. Plan early to avoid a late sign-up fee. Residents should sign up by midnight, Thursday, March 5. Late fees and cancellation fees begin on Friday, March 6.
Sign-up through Campus Connection
Break Housing Fees
• Nightly rate – $28.55 per night, includes 2 meals on the day following.
• Late Fee - Students who sign up online after the published deadline (March 5 midnight) will incur a $25.00 late sign-up fee.
• Cancellation Fee - There is a $10.00 cancellation fee billed to your University account for any day(s) canceled after the late sign-up begins (March 5 at midnight).
• No Show Fee - Students who sign up for break housing who do not cancel and/or do not show-up to check into their assigned break housing location (Wilkerson Service Center) to pick up a break housing key are subject to a $30.00 no show fee.
• Late Key Return Fee - Failure to return your break housing key by Noon on the day you are to check-out will result in a charge of $10.00 per day for up to 7 days, for a total of $70.00, and your room may be subject to a recore.
Online Sign Up Through Campus Connection/Apply Online
You must submit the dates you are requesting break housing in Campus Connection/Apply Online to let us know what dates you are staying. The sign up link will be posted on this page when sign up begins. Dates of sign-up are also listed in the Residence Hall Calendar Planner.
Canceling your Break Housing
To cancel your break housing application, please email the date(s) you signed up for along with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. See cancellation fee above.
Revising your Break Housing
To add or cancel any date(s) on your break housing application, please email the information with your name and phone number to email@example.com.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-In and Check-out at the West/Wilkerson Service Center. See your planner handbook for hours of operation.
Keys for break housing will be available for pick-up at the West/Wilkerson Service Center the FIRST night you are staying. You must return the keys by NOON on the day you check-out, to avoid key charges.
Keys cannot be checked out prior to the date of your first night of stay.
If you are assigned a break housing room that is not your own room, you will need to pick up both keys to your assigned break room from the Wilkerson Service Center.
If you have additional questions please call the West/Wilkerson Complex Office at 701-777-2779.