- Residence Hall Living
- First-year Requirement
- Apply for Fall 2015
- 2014-15 Rates/Contract
- 360 Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Be An RA
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Internet Service
- How to Pay Rent
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association of Residence Halls
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Apartment Groups
- Work for Housing
- Welcome Weekend Volunteers (HOT)
Break housing is defined as the availability of a living location during break periods when the residence halls are not open. As per your housing contract, the residence halls close at 7:00 pm, on Friday, December 19, 2014 and open again on Sunday, January 11, 2015, at noon.
Living on campus during semester break is not included in the 2014-15 Room and Meal Plan Contract, therefore there is an additional fee ($28.55 per night includes 2 meals the next day) to stay in the residence halls during these dates. A contract will need to be signed for each time period you are interested in staying. Break housing is always subject to availability.
- Late departure (staying Dec. 19 and 20) and early arrival (coming Jan. 9 and 10) are available to all students to stay in their room. Students need to sign-up in Campus Connection and must pay the nightly rate of $28.55.
- Brannon Hall residents are guaranteed to be able to stay in their own room for the entire break but still need to pay and sign up in Campus Connection for any night(s).
- For those students not living in Brannon Hall and wanting break housing, a limited amount of rooms are available from Sunday, Dec. 21 - Thursday, Jan. 8, in Brannon Hall. This housing is available on a first come, first served basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. You will receive an email if your semester break housing request is approved. At that time, you must sign up in Campus Connection/ApplyOnline.
Sign-up now in Campus Connection/Apply Online
To avoid a late fee, sign-up before Thursday, December 11, at 11:59 pm.
Break Housing Fees
• Nightly rate – $28.55 per night, includes 2 meals on the day following.
• Late Fee - Students who sign up online after the published deadline (December 11 at 11:59 pm) will incur a $25.00 late sign-up fee.
• Cancellation Fee - There is a $10.00 cancellation fee billed to your University account for any day(s) canceled after the late sign-up begins (December 11 at 11:59 pm).
• No Show Fee - Students who sign up for break housing who do not cancel and/or do not show-up to check into their assigned break housing location (West/Wilkerson Service Center) to pick up a break housing key are subject to a $30.00 no show fee.
• Late Key Return Fee - Failure to return your break housing key by Noon on the day you are to check-out will result in a charge of $10.00 per day for up to 7 days, for a total of $70.00, and your room may be subject to a recore.
Online Sign Up Through Campus Connection/Apply Online
You must submit the dates you are requesting break housing in Campus Connection/Apply Online to let us know what dates you are staying. Dates of sign-up are also listed in the Residence Hall Calendar Planner.
Canceling your Break Housing
To cancel your break housing application, please email the date(s) you signed up for along with your name and phone number to email@example.com. See cancellation fee above.
Revising your Break Housing
To add or cancel any date(s) on your break housing application, please email the information with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-In and Check-out at the West/Wilkerson Service Center (West Hall).
Keys for break housing will be available for pick-up at the West/Wilkerson Service Center the FIRST night you are staying. You must return the keys by NOON on the day you check-out, to avoid key charges.
Keys cannot be checked out prior to the date of your first night of stay.
If you are assigned a break housing room that is not your own room, you will need to pick up both keys to your assigned break room from the West/Wilkerson Service Center.
If you have additional questions please call the West/Wilkerson Complex Office at 701-777-2779.