- Residence Hall Living
- 360 Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Be An RA
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Internet Service
- How to Pay Rent
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association of Residence Halls
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Apartment Groups
- Work for Housing
- Hall Orientation Team (HOT)
Break housing is defined as the availability of a living location during break periods when the residence halls are not open. As per your housing contract, the residence halls close at 7:00 pm, on Friday, December 20, 2013 and open again on Sunday, January 12, 2014 at Noon. Semester break housing is available for the following residents and dates:
- Late departure at the end of fall semester (Dec. 20 and 21) - all residents can stay in their own room and must sign up in Campus Connection.
- Early arrival for spring semester (Jan. 10 and 11) - all residents can stay in their own room and must sign up in Campus Connection.
- Full semester break (Dec. 20-Jan. 12)
- Brannon Hall residents are guaranteed to be able to stay in their own room but still need to pay and sign up in Campus Connection.
- For those students not living in Brannon Hall: A limited amount of semester break housing is available from Dec. 20 through Jan. 12, in Brannon Hall ground floor. This housing is available on a first come, first served basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. If approved, residents must sign up in Campus Connection (account charged).
- Sign-up takes place November 6 - December 12. Plan early to avoid a late sign-up fee. Residents should sign up by midnight, Thursday, December 12. Late fees and cancellation fees begin on Friday, December 13.
Living on campus during these periods is not included in the 2013-14 Room and Board Contract, therefore there is an additional fee to stay in the residence halls during these dates and a contract will need to be signed for each time period you are interested in staying. Break housing is always subject to availability. Brannon Hall is the only hall where students are guaranteed to stay in their own room over the entire semester break period.
SEMESTER BREAK HOUSING SIGN-UP BEGINS NOVEMBER 6, 2013
Sign-up through Campus Connection
Break Housing Fees
• Nightly rate – $27.60 per night, includes 2 meals on the day following.
• Late Fee - Students who sign up online after the published deadline (December 12 at midnight) will incur a $25.00 late sign-up fee.
• Cancellation Fee - There is a $10.00 cancellation fee billed to your University account for any day(s) canceled after the late sign-up begins (December 12 at midnight).
• No Show Fee - Students who sign up for break housing who do not cancel and/or do not show-up to check into their assigned break housing location (Wilkerson Service Center) to pick up a break housing key are subject to a $30.00 no show fee.
• Late Key Return Fee - Failure to return your break housing key by Noon on the day you are to check-out will result in a charge of $10.00 per day for up to 7 days, for a total of $70.00, and your room may be subject to a recore.
Online Sign Up Through Campus Connection/Apply Online
You must submit the dates you are requesting break housing in Campus Connection/Apply Online to let us know what dates you are staying. The sign up link will be posted on this page when sign up begins. Dates of sign-up are also listed in the Residence Hall Calendar Planner.
Canceling your Break Housing
To cancel your break housing application, please email the date(s) you signed up for along with your name and phone number to email@example.com. See cancellation fee above.
Revising your Break Housing
To add or cancel any date(s) on your break housing application, please email the information with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-In and Check-out at the Wilkerson Service Center (Wilkerson Hall). See your planner handbook for hours of operation.
Keys for break housing will be available for pick-up at the Wilkerson Service Center the FIRST night you are staying. You must return the keys by NOON on the day you check-out, to avoid key charges.
Keys cannot be checked out prior to the date of your first night of stay.
If you are assigned a break housing room that is not your own room, you will need to pick up both keys to your assigned break room from the Wilkerson Service Center.
If you have additional questions please call the Wilkerson Complex Office at 701-777-2779.