- Residence Hall Living
- First-year Requirement
- 2016-17 Rates/Agreement
- 2015-16 Rates/Agreement
- Virtual Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- Move Out
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- RA Hiring
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Move In
- Move Out
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
Information for End of Fall Semester 2015:
Room Change Requests
The room change request option has been made inactive for the remainder of fall 2015 so we can plan for new incoming students for Spring 2016. If you have extenuating circumstances please contact your hall staff for assistance.
Students wanting to change rooms for the spring semester will have the option beginning Monday, December 28, 2015.
- Please login to Campus Connection > MyHousing. On the Navigation Side Bar, click "Room Selection" and select "Request a Room Change" from the drop down box. Complete and submit the form.
- Approved students will be expected to check-in to the new room, move belongings, and check-out of the old room during opening weekend of Saturday, January 9 and Sunday, January 10
- Students unable to complete the moving process prior to January 10 will be able to submit a room change request beginning Monday, January 18, 2016 and running through Friday, March 18, 2016. No room change requests will be considered after this date.
Meal Plan Changes
Students wanting to change meal plan for the Spring 2016 semester can email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a form at one of the dining centers December 4 -11.
Please note that first-year students may select from Unlimited Access Plan or the Unlimited Access Plus Plan. Upperclass students may select from the unlimited or available block plans. For more information, see meal plans.
Students Not Attending UND after Fall 2015
Students may be released from their Residence Hall Agreement if they meet one of the following:
- Withdrawing from UND
- Transferring schools
- Studying abroad
- Beginning an internship, coop, student teaching out Grand Forks
- Received orders to report for military duty (proof of orders required)
Students are not released from the Residence Hall Agreement for:
- Moving to a fraternity/sorority
- Moving to an off-campus apartment
- Student teaching in and around the Grand Forks area.
- Complete the Application to Rescind form at the Housing Office and receive approval for release.
- Students must formally check-out with the resident assistant. Residents are encouraged to check out within 24 hours of their last exam or graduation ceremonies. A copy of the Application to Rescind must be presented at check-out. If you do not provide this documentation at check-out, you will be directed by hall staff to go to the housing office and complete.
*All application to rescind forms are verified in the spring and students who are still enrolled at the University of North Dakota will be responsible for the housing and dining charges.
- Students wishing to stay past Sunday, December 20th will need to sign-up at: http://und.edu/student-life/housing/forms/break-request.cfm. Approved students will be charged a daily fee.
Students Returning for Spring 2016
Students may stay in their residence hall through Friday, December 18 or within 24 hours after the student’s last final. Prior to leaving for the semester, students will receive a door hanger with a list of simple tasks to complete before leaving for the semester. Complete the tasks, sign where indicated and leave this door hanger on the doorknob to inform the RA that you are gone for the semester and plan to return to UND next semester. The RA staff will be entering rooms to complete safety checks between 1:00pm and 7:00pm on Friday December 18, 2015.
Before leaving for the semester break:
- If you currently do not have a roommate, and have not purchased a double as single, you must clear half of the room to make it available for a roommate.
- Unplug everything in the room (exceptions: fish tanks, fridges, and computers)
- Leave blinds open about a foot
- Verify window is completely closed, locked, and any displays or window clings are removed.
- Remove garbage from your room and dump your trash in the garbage room or dumpster.
- Leave the heat between 68 and 70 degrees (if you have a thermostat in your room).
- Remove all items from suite areas. They will be cleaned over winter break.
Students wishing to stay over the semester break may sign-up at: http://und.edu/student-life/housing/forms/break-request.cfm. There is no charge for those students continuing to the next academic semester. Meal plans will still remain active during semester break. Information on dining center semester break hours can be found at: http://und.edu/student-life/dining/dining-schedule.cfm.