- Residence Hall Living
- 360 Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association of Residence Halls
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Apartment Groups
- Work for Housing
- Hall Orientation Team (HOT)
Break housing is defined as the availability of a living location during break periods when the residence halls are not open. Break Housing is available for the following residents and dates:
- full semester break - Brannon Hall residents only
- early arrival for the fall and spring semester - all residents
- late departure at the end of fall and spring semester - all residents
- spring break - most halls will be open, but there is no guarantee that spring break housing is available
Living on campus during these periods is not included in the 2012-13 Room and Board Contract, therefore there is an additional fee to stay in the residence halls during these dates and a contract will need to be signed for each time period you are interested in staying. Break housing is always subject to availability.
Break Housing for spring break is available Friday, March 8, 2013, at 7:00 pm, through Saturday, March 16, 2013. The cost is $26.35 per night and includes 2 meals the following day. You may not break out these charges and only pay for room. Your UND account will be charged, unless specified differently on the application (subject to verification).
You may sign up for as many nights as you need; they do not need to be consecutive, but if your dates of stay are not consecutive, you must return your keys in between times. Keys are picked up from and returned to the Wilkerson Service Center, please refer to your handbook for hours of operation.
Most halls will be open for spring break housing, which means you most likely will be assigned to your current room. However, this is subject to staff availability and building maintenance, so it is not a guarantee.
REGULAR SIGN-UP for spring break housing sign-up begins Monday, February 4, 2013, and runs through Thursday, February 28, 2013, at 11:59 pm.
LATE SIGN-UP FEE will begin at 12:00 am on Friday, March 1, 2013. Late sign up means you will be charged a late sign-up fee of $25 if you wait until Friday, March 1, 2013, to sign up.
- Housing is not guaranteed during break housing to students assigned to buildings other than Brannon Hall.
- There is an additional nightly charge ($26.35) for break housing room and board. Students who sign up for break housing room and board will be charged the appropriate daily rate.
- Residents who sign up after February 28, will be charged a $25 late sign up fee.
- Residents who cancel after February 28, will be charged a $10 cancellation fee.
- When you apply for break housing, you will be held to the terms and conditions of the 2012-13 Room and Board contract.
- If you are in need of an accessible room during break housing, you must notify the Housing Office in writing.
Break Housing Fees
• Nightly rate – $26.35 per night, includes 2 meals on the day following.
• Late Fee - Students who sign up online after the published deadline will incur a $25.00 late sign-up fee.
• Cancellation Fee - There is a $10.00 cancellation fee billed to your University account for any day(s) canceled after the late sign-up begins.
• No Show Fee - Students who sign up for break housing who do not cancel and/or do not show-up to check into their assigned break housing location (Wilkerson Service Center) to pick up a break housing key are subject to a $30.00 no show fee.
• Late Key Return Fee - Failure to return your break housing key by Noon on the day you are to check-out will result in a charge of $10.00 per day for up to 7 days, for a total of $70.00, and your room may be subject to a recore.
Online Sign Up Through Campus Connection/Apply Online
You must submit the dates you are requesting break housing in Campus Connection/Apply Online to let us know what dates you are staying. The sign up link will be posted on this page when sign up begins. Dates of sign-up are also listed in the Residence Hall Calendar Planner.
Canceling your Break Housing
To cancel your break housing application, please email the date(s) you signed up for along with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. See cancellation fee above.
Revising your Break Housing
To add or cancel any date(s) on your break housing application, please email the information with your name and phone number to email@example.com.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-In and Check-out at the Wilkerson Service Center (Wilkerson Hall). See your planner handbook for hours of operation.
Keys for break housing will be available for pick-up at the Wilkerson Service Center the FIRST night you are staying. You must return the keys by NOON on the day you check-out, to avoid key charges.
Keys cannot be checked out prior to the date of your first night of stay.
If you are assigned a break housing room that is not your own room, you will need to pick up both keys to your assigned break room from the Wilkerson Service Center.
If you have additional questions please call the Wilkerson Complex Office at 701-777-2779.