- Residence Hall Living
- 360 Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association of Residence Halls
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Apartment Groups
- Work for Housing
- Hall Orientation Team (HOT)
Residence Hall Move In
Residence halls open for fall semester at
8:00 am, Saturday, August 24, 2013
Go directly to the hall where you were assigned and staff members will be there to check you into your room and get your room keys. Each resident/family will meet individually with a Resident Assistant (RA), so you could encounter a slight delay. It's important information, so we appreciate your patience.
For students who need to arrive one or two nights before the residence halls open for fall semester, housing is available Thursday, August 22 and/or Friday, August 23. STUDENTS MUST SIGN UP IN CAMPUS CONNECTION. Students will stay in their assigned room. The charge is $27.60 per night and includes 2 meals the next day. The student's UND account will be charged, unless specified differently on the application (subject to verification). Check-in for early arrival takes place at the individual hall.
What to do before you arrive:
- Assemble things to bring for your room - see list What to Bring
- Get a computer ready - see ResNet for help
- Visit with your roommate (their email address is listed in your room assignment email and in Campus Connection)
- Decide on optional services you may want such as phone line, refrigerator, linen or carpet purchase, or bed loft (for Walsh Hall residents only)
- Get familiar with Campus Connection
- If you bring a car, you need to buy a parking permit. Lots are assigned according to the residence hall where you live. Permits are available for online purchase in Campus Connection.
- Early arrival sign-up is available beginning August 1. Sign-up in Campus Connection>Self Service>Apply Online.
Arrival on Campus:
- When you arrive, go directly to the hall where you are assigned, unless you are coming for Early Arrival and then you check-in at Wilkerson Hall.
- Rent a UND refrigerator - don't reserve ahead, pick up when you arrive. Rental refrigerators are 3.3 cubic ft. and are charged to your UND account ($50 per academic year, $25 per semester). Stop by a Service Center to get more information. You may bring your own refrigerator up to 5.0 cubic ft.
Optional Services, but helpful
- Rent a bed loft (Walsh Hall residents only, all other halls have beds that elevate to various heights, including lofting). Order before August 10, 2013 for delivery to room.
- Set up a phone line (optional through Telecommunications for a fee, since rooms don’t include an active line)
- Become a Facebook fan
- Give address to friends and family
Additional Move-in Information
Postal Mail & Mailing Address to Halls
There is daily mail pick-up and delivery at each service center (except Sundays and holidays). You and your roommate will share a mailbox and the box opens with your room key. The mailboxes are located at the service center located closest to your hall. The Post Office has requested all capital letters and no punctuation when addressing. Do not use the word “Room” use only the number/letter. Your mailing address is also listed in your room assignment email. See example below:
204B WEST HALL
GRAND FORKS ND 58202
Mailing Packages to Campus for Move-In
If you are interested in mailing a package to yourself to arrive on campus for move-in, please mail it to the address below. You are responsible for picking up the package at the Wilkerson Service Center when you arrive. Packages should not arrive in Grand Forks before August 1, 2013.
3450 University Ave Stop 8386
Your Hall, Your Room #
Grand Forks, ND 58202
HOLD FOR ARRIVAL
The fall semester meal plan begins with brunch on Saturday, August 24, in Wilkerson Dining Center. Welcome Weekend meals are included for students on a meal plan. The schedule will be posted here as soon as it is finalized. All dining centers begin regular dining hours for all meals at dinner on Monday, August 26, except for extended dinner which starts Tuesday, August 27.
Computer Support - ResNet
Before you leave home, please install all operating system updates (Windows, Mac). Ensure that anti-virus software is installed on your computer and that it is up-to-date. If these updates are completed prior to arriving on campus, you will be able to quickly connect to the network. Instructions for self-setup are located at ResNet. Check out ResNet for free computer support online and in person in Wilkerson Hall. Regular hours are Monday - Thursday 3-10 pm and Sundays 6-10 pm. Wireless and hardwired Internet access is available in student rooms and throughout each residence hall.
Land Line Phone Service
Student rooms do not include land line phone service. You may purchase local and long distance service from UND Telecommunications. Please call at 701-777-3217 or see the website. If you choose to purchase this service, you will need to bring a phone.
Washers and Dryers
Washers and dryers ($1.00 per load to wash and $.25 per load to dry) are located in each hall. Machines are coin-operated and all machines (except in Conference Center) also accept the U Card debit account – just swipe your U Card at the machine. There is no charge for laundry in Swanson Hall.
Parking permits for residence hall students are sold based on where you live. Please order your permit early to ensure that you get the permit type desired.
Please visit the Parking Service’s website for detailed instructions on how to purchase.
Room and Board Payment
Semester room and board payments are due with tuition and fees on the first day of class, Tuesday, August 27. Paying online via Campus Connection using E-check is the fastest and most reliable method of payment at UND. Contact Student Account Services at (701) 777-3911 if you have questions.
Student ID Card - U Card
If you don’t have your UND ID card (called the U Card) visit the U Card Office located in the Memorial Union, lower level, Room 3, to have your photo taken and a card issued. Bring a government issued photo ID (driver’s license or passport) with you. Your card also serves as a debit account (U Cash) at a variety of outlets on campus, when you deposit a minimum of $25. You can deposit funds in a variety of ways.