- Residence Hall Living
- First-year Requirement
- Apply for Spring 2015
- Apply for Fall 2015
- 2014-15 Rates/Contract
- 360 Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Be An RA
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Internet Service
- How to Pay Rent
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Association of Residence Halls
- National Residence Hall Honorary
- Apartment Groups
- Work for Housing
- Welcome Weekend Volunteers (HOT)
Residence Hall Move In
Residence halls open for spring semester at Noon, Sunday, January 11, 2015.
Go directly to the hall where you were assigned and staff members will be there to check you into your room and get your room keys.
For students who need to arrive one or two nights before the residence halls open for spring semester, housing is available Friday, January 9 and/or Saturday, January 10. STUDENTS MUST SIGN UP IN CAMPUS CONNECTION.
What to do before you arrive:
- Assemble things to bring for your room - see list What to Bring.
- Get a computer ready - see ResNet for help.
- Visit with your roommate (their email address is listed in your room assignment email and in Campus Connection). Read the Roommate Agreement and be ready to review with your roommate.
- Decide on optional services you may want to purchase such as phone line or refrigerator.
- Get familiar with Campus Connection.
- Tell family and friends how to send mail/packages.
- Learn how laundry works in the halls. It's included in the room & meal plan rate, so you don't need to bring quarters!
- If you bring a car, you need to buy a parking permit. Lots are assigned according to the residence hall where you live. Permits are available for online purchase in Campus Connection.
Arrival on Campus:
- When you arrive, go directly to the hall where you are assigned.
Optional Services, but helpful
- Rent a UND refrigerator - don't reserve ahead, pick up when you arrive. Rental refrigerators are 3.3 cubic ft. and are charged to your UND account ($25 per semester). You may bring your own refrigerator up to 5.0 cubic ft.
- Set up a phone line (optional through Telecommunications for a fee, since rooms don’t include an active line)
- Become a Facebook fan
- Give address to friends and family
Additional Move-in Information
Postal Mail & Mailing Address to Halls
There is daily mail pick-up and delivery at each service center (except Sundays and holidays). You and your roommate will share a mailbox and the box opens with your room key. The mailboxes are located at the service center located closest to your hall. The Post Office has requested all capital letters and no punctuation when addressing. Do not use the word “Room” use only the number/letter. Your mailing address is also listed in your room assignment email, more mail/package details. See example below:
204B WEST HALL
GRAND FORKS ND 58202
Mailing Packages to Campus for Move-In
If you are interested in mailing a package to yourself to arrive on campus for move-in, please mail it to the address below. You are responsible for picking up the package at the West Hall Service Center (temporary service center location during the Wilkerson Hall renovation) when you arrive.
3450 University Ave Stop 8386
Your Hall, Your Room #
Grand Forks, ND 58202
HOLD FOR ARRIVAL
The fall semester meal plan begins with dinner on Sunday, January 11 at Squires Dining Center only. All dining centers begin full, regular hours at dinner on Monday, January 12. See all dining hours.
Computer Support - ResNet
Before you leave home, please install all operating system updates (Windows, Mac). Ensure that anti-virus software is installed on your computer and that it is up-to-date. If these updates are completed prior to arriving on campus, you will be able to quickly connect to the network. Instructions for self-setup are located at ResNet. Check out ResNet for free computer support online and in person in Johnstone Hall (temporary academic year location during Wilkerson Hall renovation). Regular hours are Monday - Thursday 3-10 pm and Sundays 6-10 pm. Wireless and hardwired Internet access is available in student rooms and throughout each residence hall.
Land Line Phone Service
Student rooms do not include land line phone service. You may purchase local and long distance service from UND Telecommunications. Please call at 701-777-3217 or see the website. If you choose to purchase this service, you will need to bring a phone.
Washers and Dryers
Washers and dryers are located in each hall. Laundry is included in the room and meal plan rate. Learn more about laundry in the residence halls.
Laundryview is a service that allows students to check for open washers and dryers via the web. Students must access laundryview.com through any device connected to the UND network.
Parking permits for residence hall students are sold based on where you live. Please order your permit early to ensure that you get the permit type desired.
Please visit the Parking Service’s website for detailed instructions on how to purchase.
Room and Meal Plan Payment
Semester room and meal plan payments are due with tuition and fees on the first day of class. Paying online via Campus Connection using E-check is the fastest and most reliable method of payment at UND. Contact Student Account Services at (701) 777-3911 if you have questions.
Student ID Card - U Card
If you don’t have your UND ID card (called the U Card) visit the U Card Office located in the Memorial Union to have your photo taken and a card issued. Bring a government issued photo ID (driver’s license or passport) with you. Your card also serves as a debit account (U Cash) at a variety of outlets on campus, when you deposit a minimum of $25. You can deposit funds in a variety of ways.