- Explore Options
- Residence Life
- Dining Services
- About Us
- Self Service
Roommate Matching Process
Step 1 - Complete Your 2016-2017 Residence Hall Application
Confirm you want to live with us by agreeing to the 2016-17 Room & Meal Plan Agreement and paying the $60 application fee. Only students who have completed these steps will be eligible for roommate matching.
Step 2 - Go to Housing Self-Service
- Log-in to UND Campus Connection. You will need your campus log-in and password. If you are having trouble logging-in to Campus Connection please visit Tech Support.
- Select Self-Service
- Select On-campus Housing
- Select Continue
- Select University of North Dakota
- You will be directed to your UND Housing Self- Service Page.
- At the top of Housing Self-Service select “Room and Roommate Selection” drop down.
- Select “Roommates/Suitemates”
- Select Term UND Fall 2016 and click Submit
Step 3 - Select Your Roommate
If you know the name of the person you want to request:
- Enter their name in the Simple Roommate Search.
- Select the specific person if there is more than one. This will generate an email to that person.
- Request is not final until the other person mutually requests/accepts.
If you want to search for a roommate:
- Complete your Student Profile
- Select “Personal Information” at top of Self-Service
- Select “Roommate Profile”
- Select No if you want others to see your profile
- Select how you wanted to be contacted and update your specific contact information.
- Type in a profile for yourself. This is what other students will see as they search for possible roommate.
- Search for a roommate using the Advanced Roommate Search.
- Pick the attributes that are important for you to match. If you do not see enough potential roommates, try fewer attributes.
- Read through your matches and contact potential matches through their selected form of communication (i.e., Facebook, text) to see if you might be compatible roommates.
- You can match up to 3 people (if you want to request suitemates).
- Once you find a match, enter their name in the Simple Roommate Search to request.
Step 4 - Accept the roommate request
Roommate requests MUST be mutual and both students MUST accept the request.
Step 5 - Both accepted roommates may want to request the same residence hall
Once you finalize a roommate request, you both may want to request the same residence hall in order to make the request more likely to happen.
You can always update your living preferences by revisiting your Housing Application in Self-Service.
When & where will I find out if I got my requested roommate?
When the Housing Office staff makes the room assignments, the roommate name is indicated in that email message. You can also check back in Housing Self-Service once room assignments are made to confirm that we were able to put requested roommates in the same room.