- Residence Hall Living
- First-year Requirement
- Virtual Tours
- Living Learning Communities
- Move In
- Move Out
- People Who Care
- Frequently Asked Questions
- RA Hiring
- Apartment Living
- Student Apartments
- Faculty Apartments
- Rental Rates
- Move In
- Move Out
- Your Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
Residence Hall Services & Amenities
All-Around Fitness Center - There are several machines still in this space in Bek Hall. Moving into 2016-17, this space may be re-evaluated for other uses.
Bathroom Cleaning - Residence hall bathrooms are cleaned on an ongoing basis by the Building Service Technicians (BSTs). If you live in a hall that has a suite or private bathroom arrangement, you can expect to have the bathroom cleaned approximately once a week. Community cluster bathrooms are cleaned daily.
Bed Lofts - Rooms include a bed, mattress, desk, desk chair, dresser or wardrobe, window coverings, wastebasket and recycling bin. All rooms in all halls have wooden bed frames that adjust to various levels, including loft height and beds may also bunk. See bed photos for more information.
Bike Racks - Bike racks are available for use outside each residence hall, as well as near campus buildings. All students who own bikes are encouraged to obtain strong locks and chains and to register their bikes with the Grand Forks Police Department.
Cable TV - Each room is equipped with a cable TV jack and will receive extended basic cable services. See channel line-up. Additionally, students have access to a on-demand free movie streaming service.
- Midcontinent Communication provides upgraded cable services for residents in Walsh Hall, Bek Hall, Fulton Hall, Noren Hall and Selke Hall. Basic cable TV is provided in every hall, so any upgraded service is the financial responsibility of the student. See Midcontinent Communication Upgraded Services. Contact Midcontinent directly for more information 1.800.888.1300 or midco.com.
Computer Support - ResNet assists residence hall students with connecting to the UND Network and provides computer support during the year. ResNet is an organization run by student staff and can be contacted at 701-777-3424.
- Assist residence hall students with all network connections
- Assist apartment residents with network troubleshooting
- Virus and spyware removal
- Network login support
- General computer hardware and software questions
- Ethernet adapter installation and troubleshooting
- Maintain computer labs in: Wilkerson, Walsh, Hancock, Johnstone/Fulton/Smith, and University Place
- Wireless network connections
Counselor in Residence - The Housing Office and the UND Counseling Center partner to offer a Counselor-in-Residence service. All residents have access to a counselor with office hours in the residence halls. Staff is trained to help residents learn coping skills or just talk through normal issues students may have as they transition to campus life. To make an appointment, call the University Counseling Center at 701-777-2127. Walk-ins are welcome, the office is located in Wilkerson Commons.
- Dietary Services: Our licensed dietitian is available to provide limited dietary counseling to you. You may schedule an appointment by calling 701-777-2702. Dining Services staff is happy to help with special diets, as well as vegan and gluten-free needs.
- Nutritional Information: Up-to-date nutritional analysis of each daily menu is available on-line at www.nutrition.und.edu. Details such as calories, fat, sodium, carbohydrates, and cholesterol are calculated on individual items or an entire meal. Students may access this information from computer kiosks in each dining center or online. A nutritional rating system is also used in each dining center. Look for "Guiding Stars", the star-rating system on food items.
- Sick Trays: If you are not feeling well, contact your RA, Residence Hall Director, or Dining Center Manager to request a sick tray form. A friend can present the completed form along with your U Card (ID Card) to the checker in the dining center and a light meal will be provided. Your ID card will be returned to you when the tray is returned.
- Sack Lunches: Don't have time to sit down and eat? Sack lunches are available for take out so you don't have to miss a meal. In addition, at the end of each semester and the day before a closed holiday weekend, a "Hit the Road" sack lunch is available for your convenience.
- Birthday Cake: Dining Services gladly will make your student's birthday a day to remember with a free, individual size, birthday cake and short personalized message. Parents, family members or friends may order a cake for any student on a meal plan (one cake per student). The cake will be available for pick up at the student's dining center. Complete the online order form.
Internet - All rooms include wireless and hard-wired access to the internet/campus network.
Mail - Mail is delivered to each residence hall complex Monday through Saturday. It will be distributed daily to your mailbox located in each complex main lounge area, with the exceptions of the Swanson Hall whose residents receive mail in their hall.
Your mail should be addressed to you as listed below for your specific hall.
215A Walsh Hall
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Mail is delivered to each service center Monday through Saturday, unless changed by the U.S. Postal Service. It will be distributed daily by 5:00 pm to your mailbox located in near the service center, with the exception of Swanson Hall, whose residents receive mail at their hall. Students may not have explosives or ammunition delivered to their residence hall address.
Mis-addressed mail is delivered to UND Campus Postal Services where it will be forwarded to the address provided by each student in Campus Connection. Address changes may be made directly at UND.edu/dept/registrar/campusconnection. Only 1st Class and qualified mail (according to U.S. Postal regulations) will be forwarded to the address listed. All other mail will be discarded or returned to the sender. This mail forwarding procedure is also followed during the summer months. Listed below are key steps to receive your mail faster:
- Use Campus Connection to make any address changes.
- Change your address on all magazines and newspapers three to four weeks beforeyou move to a new address.
- Notify friends and family of your new address and when that address will be in effect.
- Call Campus Postal Services at 701.777.2279 if you have any questions.
- Capitalize all words and avoid use of punctuation for best results with current automated mail sorting.
Maintenance and Repair - If residents require maintenance in their room, they should contract their RA immediately to initiate a work order. UND Facilities, which serves the entire campus, will respond to resident concerns as quickly as possible. Items pertaining to safety and security receive priority.
Recycling - Residents are encouraged to recycle. The Association of Residence Halls provides a recycling container in each student room and recycling bins are located throughout each hall.
Refrigerators -Compact refrigerators are available on a rental basis from the Housing Office. Refrigerators can be rented when you get to campus in the fall. Look for signs posted in your hall or ask your RA. Refrigerators are rented on a first-come, first-served basis, but are always available. Rental costs are:Academic Year: $50.00, Summer: $24.00
Service Centers - There is a service center in each residence hall complex. Here students get postal mail and may check out a pass-key if they are locked out of their room.
- Walsh Service Center open from 10:00 a.m. to midnight, M-F, Noon - midnight on weekends
- Johnstone Service Center - open daily 2:00 pm - midnight
- Wilkerson Service Center is open 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. daily
Storage - No storage is available for resident belongings. If needed, students should make arrangements off campus.
Telephone Service - Telephone service is not included in the room rate. If a student is interested having a phone line in their room, they may contact Telecommunications at 701-777-4112.
Vending - Each residence hall has snack and beverage machines. If you have a problem with any of these machines, please call 701-777-3824.