- Frequently Asked Questions
- Use Policy
- Setting Up Gaming Consoles
- Mobile Device Email Setup
- Preventing Viruses
- Apartment Internet Service
- Midco Internet Service
- Connecting to Your Wireless
- Midco TechTips
Wireless Internet Access
Connecting to the network requires a computer with a wireless Internet card that supports the WiFi. Students experiencing problems with wireless access should follow these troubleshooting steps:
Personal wireless access points are not allowed in the residence halls. Use of personal access points causes interference with the UND provided wireless coverage and will degrade signal for others. Wireless printers also cause interference and cannot be used unless connected via USB to your computer.
Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n is provided by UND Housing; choose the UND_Reshalls connection. If the connection speed is slow, please switch to a 802.11n wireless card.
Some portable devices using older wireless technology, such as the Nintendo DS family of products, may be incompatible with the UND_Reshalls wireless. These devices can be connected to the WebbCafe wireless in Wilkerson Hall.
Below are instructions for connecting to the wireless network. If you are experiencing difficulties, please bring your computer to the ResNet office for assistance.
- Click Start and then click Connect to.
- Click the wireless network to which you want to connect (UND_Reshalls), and then click Connect.
Windows 2000 & XP
- From Control Panel, select Network and Dial-up Connections or Network and Internet Connections > Internet Connections
- Right click Wireless Network Connection or Local Area Connection; click Properties
- Locate the TCP/IP protocol and get into its Properties (if more than one TCP/IP protocol is listed, look for the one associated with your wireless adapter)
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically
- For XP, right click Wireless Network Connection and select View Available Wireless Networks
- Select the name of a wireless network UND_Reshalls and click Connect
Macintosh OS X
- Select Apple Menu > System Preferences > Network button
- Select TCP/IP tab and configure Using DHCP (above the TCP/IP tab, you may need to configure via AirPort or other wireless (WiFi) Ethernet)
- Leave Domain Name Servers and Search Domains blank
- Click the wireless icon in the top right hand corner of your screen and select UND_Reshalls
Internet Explorer Tips
- From Control Panel, select Internet Options > Connections tab
- For those with a dial-up connection, do not set it to Always dial my default connection
- LAN Settings should be Automatically detect settings and leave the Proxy server settings blank