Special Event Parking
Certain events on campus are subject to Special Event Parking privileges. Departments and Guests can arrange the use of a lot for their special event. Please follow these steps when planning an on-campus event:
- Departments hosting an event must submit the Activity/Event Approval Form to the Environmental Health & Safety Office.
- If parking is needed for the event, the host department must complete the Event Parking Request Form after the event has been approved by the Environmental Health & Safety Office.
- The parking box should be checked only if campus community members, general public or invited guests will be driving to the event.
The Event Parking Request Forms should not be completed if any of the following are true:
- No vehicles will need parking;
- The department has already directed their patrons to pay-as-you-go parking options located on campus; and/or
- Patrons will be driving government vehicles.
- The Parking Event Supervisor will review both the Activity/Event Approval Form and the Event Parking Request Form and make contact with the Contact Person listed on the forms to review the documents, as well as discuss any associated fees and signage.
- The Events Supervisor will determine the Rate per Parking Space and the Total Amount Due by using the Event Rate Structure.
- There is a $20.00 minimum charge for all events.
- Event parking charges will not be reduced should a department have less participants show up than what was expected.
- Larger vehicles will be charged by number of spaces required for parking.
- Alumni funds are not able to be charged via journal imports – please issue a check from Alumni.
- The Parking Event Supervisor will then return a copy of the completed Event Parking Request Form to the sponsoring department.
- The Journal Import will be initiated by the Parking Services Operations Specialist at the end of each month.
Betty Engelstad Sioux Center | Parking Map
The parking lots north and south of the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center, as well as the large gravel lot located southwest of the Betty, are available for parking during events at this facility. Large events may require additional parking. Signs will be displayed to direct vehicles to alternate lots, should the event warrant additional parking.
Burtness Theatre | Parking Map
The Chandler, Gustafson, and Twamley parking lots may be used for Burtness Theatre event parking. Signs will be displayed identifying the lots reserved for each production. A parking attendant, located at the entrance of Davis Drive, will be available to direct Burtness VIPs to their reserved lots (Burtness and Smith). For other events or additional parking details, please contact 701.777.3446.
Chester Fritz Auditorium | Parking Map
The Chester Fritz Auditorium lot is managed by Parking staff events. Vehicles displaying a Priority Permit will be directed to the reserved spaces. Large events may require additional parking. Signs will be displayed to direct vehicles to alternate lots where shuttle buses will be used to transport guests.
The Alerus Center provides parking at a rate of $5 per game. The University provides free shuttle buses for enrolled UND students. Shuttle buses are used to transport students to and from the Alerus Center and depart from Wilkerson Hall.
Hopper-Danley Spiritual Center | Parking Map
The Chandler, Gustafson, Twamley, and Burtness Theatre parking lots may be used for Hopper-Danley events. Signs will be displayed identifying the lots reserved for each event.
Hyslop | Parking Map
Pay-as-you-go parking in the Parking Ramp is used for Hyslop events. Signs will be displayed to direct traffic to any other parking area designated for a Hyslop event.
Memorial Union | Parking Map
Pay-as-you-go parking in the Parking Ramp is used for Memorial Union events. Signs will be displayed to direct traffic to any other parking area designated for a Memorial Union event.
North Dakota Museum of Art | Parking Map
Signs will be displayed identifying the lots reserved for special North Dakota Museum of Art events. Typically, the Chandler, Gustafson, and Twamley parking lots may be used for museum event parking. If there are no signs displayed designating parking for a museum event, normal university parking regulations are enforced.
Please Note: Weekday events may require alternate parking. Please consult the museum for additional information.
Ralph Engelstad Arena | Parking Map
Men's Hockey Games
The Ralph Engelstad Arena lot is managed by REA parking staff during games. There is no general parking on site. Parking spaces are available at Archives and the Parking Ramp for a fee of $10. Shuttle buses will be used to transport guests to and from the ramp. The Wellness Center lot may be used if additional parking is necessary for a fee of $10.
Non-UND Events (Concerts)
The Ralph Engelstad Arena lot is managed by REA parking staff to direct traffic and collect parking fees during events. For more information regarding non-UND event parking please see the Ralph Engelstad Arena website under Guest Services > Parking.
Soccer | Parking Map
The University of North Dakota Bookstore parking lot may be used for soccer event parking.
Moving into the residence halls and University apartments is a very busy weekend. Please print the traffic procedure map as it will help you in moving into your new residence.