- About TRIO
- Programs at a Glance
- Talent Search
- Educational Opportunity Center
- Student Support Services
- McNair Program
- Contact Us
Upward Bound is a year-round program, within the Division of Student Affairs, sponsored by the University of North Dakota and the United States Department of Education. The purpose of the Upward Bound Program is to assist disadvantaged high school students in developing and enhancing their academic and motivational skills so they may graduate and successfully enroll in a postsecondary educational institution.
Upward Bound Program Objectives
- Academic improvement on Standardized test scores.
- Retain students in the Upward Bound project to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Upward Bound students will enroll in postsecondary education immediately following high school.
- Upward Bound students will persist in postsecondary academics.
UND Upward Bound receives 100% of its annual budget ($394,416) from the Dept. of Education.
Contact Upward Bound: Assistant Director; Lori Larson