- About TRIO
- Programs at a Glance
- Talent Search
- Educational Opportunity Center
- Student Support Services
- McNair Program
- Contact Us
UND TRIO Programs- Upward Bound Academic Year
ACADEMIC YEAR COMPONENT
1. Project staff make regularly scheduled visits to meet with participants at their schools to offer academic, personal and career advising and/or counseling. Project staff meet with participants a minimum of 20 times during the school year. A formal waiver request for weekly contact is included in this section.
2. Project staff meet individually with participants to review their class schedules and to assist in planning future schedules to adequately prepare for college.
3. Project staff meet with school teachers and counselors to coordinate services and stay updated on participants’ status.
4. Project staff conduct academic, personal development and career workshops to enhance skills and strategies in these areas. In addition to academic topics previously discussed, workshops are presented on goal setting, decision making, career options, interpersonal communications, college preparation and study skills.
All Upward Bound students are encouraged to enroll in college preparatory classes emphasizing a core curriculum that will meet the college/university admission requirements for most schools they are planning on attending and for admission to the North Dakota University Systems (NDUS).