- About TRIO
- Programs at a Glance
- Educational Opportunity Center
- McNair Program
- Student Support Services
- Talent Search
- Contact Us
UND TRIO Programs - Upward Bound Job description
BRIDGE TUTOR/ADVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Bridge tutor/advisor will provide supervision to Bridge students (12th grade) in the residence hall and classes, and act as a general resource person. The Bridge tutor/advisor will participate in, assist with, and help coordinate academic, social/cultural and recreational activities in the residence hall and in the classrooms for Bridge students. The Bridge tutor/advisor will also assist with residence hall supervision of other students.
- Must live in residence hall and provide supervision in the residence hall, on field trips and cultural trips, attend classes in which the Bridge students are enrolled, and monitor attendance in class and in activities.
- Provide tutoring to Bridge students and monitor nightly study schedules.
- Identify needs and problems of students and consult with administrative staff to address them.
- Report illness and assist in referring students to UND Student Health Services.
- Eat all meals with students.
- Occasionally required to drive, cook meals, and put up tents.
- Assist and participate in major field trip during the last week of program.
- Keep a daily log and provide a comprehensive written evaluation of his/her responsibility during summer project.
- Attend all staff meetings and complete other duties as designated.
- Assist students with fall registration, financial aid, and housing procedures as needed.
- Prefer two years of college.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of Native Americans and low income/first generation students.
- Ability to tutor, advise and assist with cultural/recreational activities.
- Ability to communicate and relate to non-traditional and low income/first generation participants.