- About TRIO
- Programs at a Glance
- Educational Opportunity Center
- McNair Program
- Student Support Services
- Talent Search
- Contact Us
UND TRIO Programs - Upward Bound Job description
LANGUAGE ARTS INSTRUCTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Summer instructors are responsible for assisting in the development of curriculum, needs assessment, and pre and post-tests. They must develop and maintain class plans and evaluations, provide classroom instruction in assigned academic courses, assess student needs and provide tutorials as needed.
- Assist in planning of courses and instruction in designated course areas for Upward Bound participants.
- Provide a written evaluation on each project participant enrolled in class on weekly basis and at the end of the summer program.
- Attend staff meetings as needed with other teachers.
- Evaluate the objective, materials and format of the classes and effect necessary change.
- B.S. degrees in an academic discipline preferred.
- One year’s experience in target school, host institution or related experience.
- North Dakota certification preferred.
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with Native American students and low income/first generation college students.
- Ability to communicate with students and other staff.
- Portfolio required illustrating teaching ability in subject area.