- About TRIO
- Programs at a Glance
- Educational Opportunity Center
- McNair Program
- Student Support Services
- Talent Search
- Contact Us
UND TRIO Programs - Upward Bound Job description
RESIDENT TUTOR/ADVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Resident Tutor/Advisor will provide supervision in the residence hall; and act as a general resource person for project participants. The Resident Tutor/Advisor will participate in, and assist with the coordination of, all recreational/cultural activities and provide tutoring on an individual basis as needed. Must live in residence hall and assist all students in various aspects of the program including acting as a tutor, advisor, and chaperon for social events and field trips.
- Must live in residence hall and provide supervision in the residence hall, on field trips, on major trips, and on weekend camping trips. Includes staying up until 2:00 a.m., 2-3 times per week.
- Provide tutoring to students on an individual basis or in small groups in the afternoon as needed.
- Identify needs and problems of students and consult with Upward Bound administrative staff and complete appropriate referral and/or disciplinary forms.
- Report illness and assist in referring students to UND Student Health Services.
- Eat meals with students.
- Assist with monitoring and supervision of nutrition program.
- Drive vans, cook meals, put up tents for camping trips, supervise field trips.
- Assist in developing and implementing recreational and cultural activities. Includes leading one activity group per week.
- Attend all staff meeting and complete all other duties as assigned.
- Keep daily log of activities and do an evaluation at the completion of the summer project.
- Attend daily residence hall meetings.
- Take responsibilities for one main area. (I.e., food, equipment, nutrition program, classroom tutor, etc.)
- Attend classes as assigned and assist teachers in classroom.