Obtaining/Replacing A Card
Faculty, students and staff should go to the U Card Office, located in the lower level of the Memorial Union, to get an ID Card. Everyone will need to bring a government issued form of identification at the time they request an ID. Acceptable forms of photo ID's include:
- Driver's License
- State Identification Card
- Military ID
- Tribal ID
Employees need to have an EMPL # before receiving a U Card.
Incoming students will have the opportunity to receive their U Card during the Orientation Summer Registration Program. Transfer students or new registered students who did not attend the Orientation Program are eligible to receive a U Card according to the following schedule:
- Fall - beginning August 1st
- Spring - beginning December 1st
- Summer - beginning May 1st
Students may stop by the U Card Office during regular business hours.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your U Card is lost or stolen:
- You must notify the U Card Office at (701) 777-2071.
- You are responsible for all transactions made to your account until you have notified us.
- You may report your U Card lost on ManageMyID on-line.
- Once reported, our computer system will reject any transactions attempted by your account number.
- For students who need to access the Dining Centers, you will receive a temporary pass to use until you have either found your card or a replacement card has been issued. These temporary passes will be issued at the Dining Centers for a fee of $5.00.
If you find your lost U Card (and you have not replaced it): You may reactivate your card by stopping by the U Card Office. This will assure the security of your account. If you have already purchased a replacement card, your old card will no longer be valid.
To purchase a replacement U Card: Simply stop by the U Card Office and bring a government issued, photo ID. You will need to complete an ID Card Agreement and pay a replacement fee to receive a new card.
- There are no temporary passes for the library, athletic events, or accessing funds from your Debit Account. If your card is physically damaged in any way, you will be required to purchase a new card.
- Departmental funds cannot be used to purchase replacement IDs.