Obtaining/Replacing A Card
Faculty, students and staff should submit online and pickup at One-Stop Student Services or go to One-Stop Student Services, located in Memorial Union, to get an ID Card. You will need to bring a government issued form of identification at the time they request an ID. Acceptable forms of photo ID's include:
- Driver's License
- State Identification Card
- Military ID
- Tribal ID
Employees need to have an EMPL # before receiving a U Card.
Incoming students will have the opportunity to receive their U Card during the Orientation Summer Registration Program. Transfer students or new registered students who did not attend the Orientation Program are eligible to receive a U Card according to the following schedule:
- Fall - beginning August 1st
- Spring - beginning December 1st
- Summer - beginning May 1st
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your U Card is lost or stolen:
- You must notify the U Card Office at (701) 777-1234.
- You are responsible for all transactions made to your account until you have notified us.
- Once reported, our computer system will reject any transactions attempted by your account number.
If you find your lost U Card (and you have not replaced it): You may reactivate your card by emailing the U Card Office from your UND email address. This will assure the security of your account. If you have already purchased a replacement card, your old card will no longer be valid.