- UND Athletics Student Ticket Office
- Computer Lab
- Credit Union
- Dakota Student
- Dining Services
- One-Stop Student Services
- Student Government
- Student Involvement
- Student Success Center
- UCard Office
- Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services
Copy SERVICES - PHOTOCOPIES - SELF-SERVE COPIERS
Notice Regarding Copyrighted Materials
United States copyright law (17 USC § 101 et seq.) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Section 3.1.2 of NDUS Procedure 1901.2 provides that "[w]hen reproducing or distributing information, users are responsible for the observation of copyright rights and other intellectual property rights of others and all state and federal laws, Institutional and NDUS policies. Generally materials owned by others cannot be used without the owner's permission. Written consent from the copyright owner is normally necessary to reproduce or distribute copyrighted material. There are some exceptions such as fair use in teaching and in research."Policy The University of North Dakota is mindful of fair use considerations but respects the rights of all copyright holders and is committed to fulfilling its obligations under NDUS policy and federal law. The Memorial Union provides copy services as a convenience to students, faculty, staff, and the entire University and extended communities. These services are subject to the following guidelines:
• We reserve the right to refuse to accept ANY photocopy order if, in the judgment of Memorial Union staff, fulfillment of the order will involve a violation of copyright law.
• We will NOT copy entire books, manuals, workbooks, or periodicals without written authorization from the publisher.
• We WILL copy up to one chapter or article of a book, manual, workbook, or periodical, for educational and non-commercial purposes, including private study, research, and scholarship.
• Works in the public domain, such as those published in the United States before 1923, unpublished works by authors who died more than 70 years ago, unpublished anonymous/pseudonymous works created more than 120 years ago, and works otherwise not protected by copyright, such as works prepared by the U.S. government, may be copied without limitation.
• We CANNOT give legal advice concerning copyright, infringement, or fair use.
• Additional information is available at www.copyright.gov.
• Self-Service users proceed at their own risk, and the University of North Dakota and the Memorial Union are not responsible for users' personal liability.
• All material to be duplicated by the University and sold to students must be distributed through the UND Bookstore via a standard textbook requisition.