- UND Athletics Student Ticket Office
- Computer Lab
- Credit Union
- Dakota Student
- Dining Services
- One-Stop Student Services
- Student Government
- Student Involvement
- Student Success Center
- UCard Office
Facility Use Policy
These guidelines have been reviewed January 24, 2011 and supplement the Code of Student Life, Section 5: Use of University Facilities.
The following guidelines apply to groups/organizations reserving space in the Memorial Union.
University departments, student organizations, and off-campus organizations (“users”) may reserve space in the Memorial Union for meetings and events in accordance with policies and procedures identified in the Code of Student Life, Section 5: Use of University Facilities.
- Space will be used and occupied only for the purpose identified at the time the reservation is made. Prior consent is needed from the Memorial Union’s administration office if the purpose of the reservation changes.
- Memorial Union premises will not be used for any illegal, offensive, or hazardous purpose, or any purpose not compatible with a University campus setting. Users may not use flammable fluids, explosives, or hazardous or toxic substances in, on or about the premises. Users may not use the premises to sell, distribute, dispense, advertise or promote food and food related sales or any UND trademarked or licensed items without prior coordination and consent from the Memorial Union’s administration office.
- Users will conform to and comply with all of University’s rules and regulations and comply with applicable municipal, county, state, and federal ordinances, laws, rules and regulations in using the premises, and will not use the premises so as to create any nuisance, or in such a manner as may tend to increase the rate of fire or liability insurance on the premises.
- Users shall not consume, sell, distribute, dispense, advertise or promote any alcoholic beverages or alcohol related items on Memorial Union premises, or permit any others to do the same.
- Users shall not make, or permit to be made, any alterations to the premises without first obtaining the consent of the Memorial Union’s administration office. This includes (but not limited to) fastening any type of items to walls, hanging any items from ceilings or light fixtures, obstructing or covering any exterior, obstructing fire exits or exit routes, etc. Use of “duck” tape (or any brand thereof) on any surface is not allowed.
- The person or organization hosting/sponsoring the activity described in the reservation is responsible for how the space is used and will be held financially accountable for any and all damages to the premises.
Facility set up arrangements and use of technology equipment must be made at least one week prior to the event.
The Memorial Union Director or his/her representative may establish guidelines regarding food service as it relates to those portions of the building used for meetings or special functions/events (to include Swanson Hall meeting rooms). These guidelines will be coordinated with the Director, UND Dining Services and will be designed to protect the health of students, the campus community and the general public using the facility. Food/beverages offered at meetings or events that are advertised/open to the general campus population must be provided by UND Campus Catering or obtained from a licensed food service provider. Special arrangements for the use of food/beverages not obtained from UND Dining Services must be coordinated with the Memorial Union’s Administrative Office prior to the event. The Memorial Union’s Administrative Office will coordinate with UND Dining Services to validate the food’s origin and the sponsoring activity’s ability to comply with proper sanitary guidelines. If compliance with safety and sanitary guidelines are in doubt, the request for the food/beverage activity may be denied. Off-campus groups or organizations not affiliated with the University wishing to reserve/use space or vendor tables at the Memorial Union must arrange their food/beverage service activity through UND Campus Catering regardless of whether or not they are sponsored by a recognized UND student organization or institutional/academic department. Off-campus vendors may not reserve/use space or vendor tables at the Memorial Union for the purpose of selling food/beverages. The Memorial Union’s Administrative Office may approve the sale of commercially-packaged food items in the Memorial Union for certain instances such as (to include but not limited to) fund-raising activities by student organizations, sale of Girl Scout cookies, etc. Bake sales or give-away of home-baked items are prohibited.
The UND Memorial Union is a tobacco free facility and everyone must comply.
Possession, sale, dispensation, use or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the Memorial Union is prohibited in accordance with State Board of Higher Education policy Section 918. The University President may waive this policy on a case-by-case basis. Groups are responsible for obtaining their own waiver from the President’s office. The request must describe the nature of the event and the date, time and place where consumption of alcoholic beverages is planned. Confirmation of the President’s approval must be received by the Memorial Union administration office prior to the event.
Facilities Use Fee
The Memorial Union Director or his/her representative may permit non-University-related persons, groups, or organizations to reserve and use portions of the Union building when the intended use does not interfere with regular Union programs or activities. The Memorial Union may charge a facility use fee for the use of Union property or facilities by such persons, groups, or organizations. A facility use fee for use of space in the Memorial Union will also be assessed to University Departments or student/non-student organization that sponsors a workshop, conference, or event that is advertised outside the University community and where a registration fee is charged.
The Memorial Union may assess a cleaning fee if meeting space/vendor tables require cleaning resulting from materials/litter being left behind after an event. Examples include but are not limited to: excess flyers, empty boxes, conference materials, or food service containers/trash from a source other than UND Campus Catering. The fee would be assessed to either the institutional/academic department sponsoring the activity or the off-campus organization that used the space. UND student organizations may be assessed a cleaning fee and/or their organizational privilege to reserve and use Memorial Union space may be affected.
The user agrees to pay for any damages that are incurred during their event/meeting.
It will be the users responsibility to pay for any security staff that may be required for the event. This decision will be made by the Memorial Union Director or his/her representative.
UND and the Memorial Union are not responsible for theft or damage to items while on display or stored in the Memorial Union.
Signs & Posters
Do not fasten, secure or tape any materials on any doors, columns, walls or windows. Easels or stands can be provided for this purpose. For more information, see the Memorial Union's Posting Policy.
Cancellations must be made in advance. Conferences must cancel 7-10 days in advance, meetings (other events) 2-3 days in advance. If no cancellation occurs your business will be billed for the use of the scheduled space.
All payments should be made immediately following the use of space. Arrangements for billing must be made in advance and payment is due within thirty (30) days.
All parking arrangements for conferences/meetings participants and vendors are the responsibility of the User. University parking policies will be strictly enforced.
This list is not all inclusive. For further details or questions, contact Central Scheduling at 777-3926.